I’m a wee bit embarrassed

KeyserSoze

Today was a brutal watch, especially the last 30 mins. We didn't just dodge a bullet, but several. Apart from one poor chuck out, Butland was superb - should have been motm.

Thought the ref was very kind to us, another would have called many more fouls.

Like everyone else, am baffled by our substitutions.

More than anything else, today showed how much we are missing Cantwell.

30 minutes ago, jintybear said:

Just for the record I don’t think it was to hammer Rice, I think he brought him on so that if there was a fuck up the fans wouldn’t be as harsh because Rice is a wean. I may be way off the mark but I can’t fathom why else he would do that. IMO not the time to bring him on. It’s different if we are 3-0 up but not when we are barely holding on. It was baffling to me but then, as others have said, bringing on Souttar for Motondo was as well.

As I say I’m more than probably wrong.

I don’t agree but I suppose this isn’t as bad as thinking Rice was on so the blame could fall on him.

10 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Today was a brutal watch, especially the last 30 mins. We didn't just dodge a bullet, but several. Apart from one poor chuck out, Butland was superb - should have been motm.

Thought the ref was very kind to us, another would have called many more fouls.

Like everyone else, am baffled by our substitutions.

More than anything else, today showed how much we are missing Cantwell.

Fair enough, but are we just reliant on one guy again?

We were to play wi the handbrake off.

He's getting hung by his own cringey soundbites.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Correct. But why?

It’s hard to say exactly why, but I don’t think the manager played it correctly… playing it with a flat midfield 3 isn’t going to work… especially when Jack is one of the wide CMs. And Scott Wright before him. The number of 2nd balls that we didn’t get to was incredible… mainly due to midfield sitting too deep… the game ended up being Motherwell winning the 2nd ball and countering quickly… so maybe that forced Tav to sit rather than pushing on…. 
I think the way the manager played it was way too negative 

1 minute ago, Ben10 said:

Dessers is a con man and I'm convinced the players are sabotaging the manager now, they can't be that awful after this many games in the season.

I reckon if we are playing Dessers then it should be with the formation from Thursday night. 2 wide and a supporting midfielder. I think that would get the best out of Dessers… if his best is good enough, then that’s another question altogether…

I was looking forward to the game when the team was announced… I thought Wright and Matondo wide, with Lammers behind would be decent, but what we got was Wright and Matondo narrow which gave Lammers no space at all in the CAM position and Tav/Borna in the wide areas where I wanted Wright and Matondo to be one on one against the Motherwell full backs… 

Why the fuck was a player he has tried to force out all summer starting?

Just smacks of throwing in a new player and hoping for the best or hoping he puts in a performance to prove him wrong.

nothing against wright personally but he’s shite and the fact he has to be on our bench in Europe because Beale fucked ip recruitment so spectacularly is embarrassing 

39 minutes ago, Blues Brother said:

What a load of nonsense. He scored a goal for Rangers and celebrated… and it’s an important goal for him after an indifferent start to his Rangers career. 

Correct. If some of the midfield would take a pop low and hard no doubt they would score deflected goals as well to win matches.

10 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

I'm a wee bit embaressed......

Because the forum locks down matchday threads on the same day as the match but keeps the  2 moonhowling threads on St Johnstone and taig game still freely able to comment on. 

Forum is done. I'm out. 

@GabrielTomato

I'd probably learn how to spell it first.

I'm sure you'll be more embarrassed when you come back and post again, see you then.

In Beale's defence, he has stated Sima and Roofe were carrying knocks and not available to start.

So with that in mind, when Matondo got injured, his only options were to change shape and switch to a back three or throw Lovelace or maybe Ridvan on the wing.

The problem isn't today, the problem is the multiple fucking turkeys he signed this summer which has led to it. Only Butland is good enough (I'll hold judgement on Danilo) and it only takes a few injuries for us to have to rely on said turkeys and this is what we get. 

I was fully expecting Wright to feature at some point, it's not like he signed any wingers this summer to offer an alternative option.

I genuinely don't think a new manager could do much else with the group of shite he has assembled. 

5 minutes ago, butthole said:

In Beale's defence, he has stated Sima and Roofe were carrying knocks and not available to start.

So with that in mind, when Matondo got injured, his only options were to change shape and switch to a back three or throw Lovelace or maybe Ridvan on the wing.

The problem isn't today, the problem is the multiple fucking turkeys he signed this summer which has led to it. Only Butland is good enough (I'll hold judgement on Danilo) and it only takes a few injuries for us to have to rely on said turkeys and this is what we get. 

I was fully expecting Wright to feature at some point, it's not like he signed any wingers this summer to offer an alternative option.

I genuinely don't think a new manager could do much else with the group of shite he has assembled. 

Don’t put them on the bench then 

8 minutes ago, butthole said:

I would expect a new manager to clear out the fuckin duds he has signed. Beale has set us back a few years 

Watching his post match interview there, it's not a happy camp. 

I've read a lot of folk mentioning the players not wanting to play for him, hoping that he gets booted. Although I get that, they better fuck off with that attitude. It's not up to them who we have as a manager. Whether they like it or not, he's the boss, they are the ones that are lucky enough to wear the strips. They need to go out and bust a gut. 

Ultimately though, Beale needs to change the formation and be more attack minded. He won't last to Christmas if he doesn't! 

2 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Watching his post match interview there, it's not a happy camp. 

I've read a lot of folk mentioning the players not wanting to play for him, hoping that he gets booted. Although I get that, they better fuck off with that attitude. It's not up to them who we have as a manager. Whether they like it or not, he's the boss, they are the ones that are lucky enough to wear the strips. They need to go out and bust a gut. 

Ultimately though, Beale needs to change the formation and be more attack minded. He won't last to Christmas if he doesn't! 

I don’t want Beale here but how many managers has the likes of Tav, Jack etc got the sack; 4/5? These guys need a long hard look at themselves.