I’m a wee bit embarrassed

KeyserSoze

I said that to my grandson. Why are we playing at home so defensive against Motherwell. No disrespect to Motherwell but we should be beating them easy and even worse struggling to keep a win. I didn’t like the fact he brought Rice on and I genuinely believe he did that to have a fall guy should the worst have happened and Motherwell took a point(s) off us. Total embarrassment as you said. 

14 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Matondo going off and we go five at the back. 
Time wasting an hour into the game. 
Having essentially 7 defensive players on the park. 
Scott Wright running about - he said pre-match “I looked at Motherwell and decided I want someone that can dribble on the park today”

Watching that tactic that so many shite teams do to us - keeper pretending to play it out from the back then changes his mind and waves them away up the park for a big blooter. All to waste time. 

The anger left me today and turned to being embarrassed watching that football. 

he can fuck off any time soon

Was expecting to come into this thread to see you say yer man Barisic was one of our better players today.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Maybe because he trusts his ability as a player?

It’s certainly not so he can hammer a 16 year old he’s been praising to the hit for causing us to drop points.

Just for the record I don’t think it was to hammer Rice, I think he brought him on so that if there was a fuck up the fans wouldn’t be as harsh because Rice is a wean. I may be way off the mark but I can’t fathom why else he would do that. IMO not the time to bring him on. It’s different if we are 3-0 up but not when we are barely holding on. It was baffling to me but then, as others have said, bringing on Souttar for Motondo was as well.

As I say I’m more than probably wrong.

17 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I said that to my grandson. Why are we playing at home so defensive against Motherwell. No disrespect to Motherwell but we should be beating them easy and even worse struggling to keep a win. I didn’t like the fact he brought Rice on and I genuinely believe he did that to have a fall guy should the worst have happened and Motherwell took a point(s) off us. Total embarrassment as you said. 

Ffs dammed if you, dammed if you don’t.

3 minutes ago, jintybear said:

There’s a time to bring on youth and today wasn’t one of them IMO

I agree, he was trying to shut the game out so sterling who has more experience would have been a better choice imo, just one of a few bizarre decisions he made today.

19 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

When he did it I at least expect Barisic and Tavernier to push up but it never happened. Baffling. 

What today confirmed was that, especially when playing at home in the League, both our fullbacks basically play in the positions you'd expect wingbacks to. 

So we essentially just added a CB into mix whilst leaving Tav and Barisic with nobody in front of them but two Motherwell players defending them.

Neither of them have it in them to come inside either or have a CB step up into midfield.

7 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:

But to claim he only did it to make him a fall guy if points were dropped is stupid. Making subs to prepare for a defeat or draw? It will never catch on.

Who knows why he did it but I stand by what I said. We are all entitled to our opinions 😊