Dessers

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

He says the pressure gets under his skin :lol:

Look at those numbers throughout his career. Magic 

04877536-BFB2-45B6-9F32-60030952E7C0.png

Beale takes the blame but surely someone had to sanction this and looked at his goal to game tally. Its shocking.

I know plenty on here scowled at both this and the Lammers deal given how poor their numbers were. 

46 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Beale takes the blame but surely someone had to sanction this and looked at his goal to game tally. Its shocking.

I know plenty on here scowled at both this and the Lammers deal given how poor their numbers were. 

Exactly surely someone at the fucking club should of stopped it, particularly for lammers his records a disgrace.

It's not as if beale was in a great position as proven with him being punted 6 weeks into the season. 

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

He says the pressure gets under his skin :lol:

Look at those numbers throughout his career. Magic 

04877536-BFB2-45B6-9F32-60030952E7C0.png

They’re not his total numbers tho’, are they?

Those figures, which I can’t be arsed checking to see if they are actually correct, seem to only relate to league goals but are presented in such away that it looks like his total figures per club.

It suggests he scored a grand total of 25 goals in his entire time at Genk, Feyenoord, and Cremonese when in actual fact he scored 21 goals and had 6 assists in 47 games for Feyenoord in 21-22 season in domestic and European competitions.

Factor in the time on the pitch and that works out a goal every 102 mins and a goal involvement every 80 mins.

Peak Morelos in the 19-20 season averaged a goal every 114 mins and an involvement every 85 mins.

So Dessers did not too bad for a total haddie.

The lad clearly has the talent but is/was short on confidence.. He lacks blistering pace but that might not be an issue domestically under Clement if we play with two up front and/or most of the game in the opposition’s half.

14 hours ago, beararse said:

They’re not his total numbers tho’, are they?

Those figures, which I can’t be arsed checking to see if they are actually correct, seem to only relate to league goals but are presented in such away that it looks like his total figures per club.

It suggests he scored a grand total of 25 goals in his entire time at Genk, Feyenoord, and Cremonese when in actual fact he scored 21 goals and had 6 assists in 47 games for Feyenoord in 21-22 season in domestic and European competitions.

Factor in the time on the pitch and that works out a goal every 102 mins and a goal involvement every 80 mins.

Peak Morelos in the 19-20 season averaged a goal every 114 mins and an involvement every 85 mins.

So Dessers did not too bad for a total haddie.

The lad clearly has the talent but is/was short on confidence.. He lacks blistering pace but that might not be an issue domestically under Clement if we play with two up front and/or most of the game in the opposition’s half.

He’s dog shit. 

3 hours ago, SPWF said:

He’s dog shit. 

Granted he’s missed some sitters but all strikers do. Especially when confidence is low.

You don’t score 10 goals in a single Euro campaign if your shite. Granted, he’s lost form, but he’s not shit.

The system he’s been playing in was shit.

Everyone was shit under Beale this season: Raskin was poor, Cantwell was well below his usual levels before the injury, Lundstram was laboured. Can’t think of a single outfield player, with the exception of Sima, who wasn’t pish.

Nobody bar Butland got pass marks. Its no coincidence he’s the only player not particularly effected by team tactics.

And yet despite every outfield player being guff Dessers gets it in the neck pretty much from the get go. When the team is misfiring and creating fuck all then missed opportunities are blown out of proportion.

Against Hibs we missed a fair amount as well as scoring a few. Nobody really gives a rat arse about the ones missed because we scored 4 as the team was set up to dominate and create chances. Under Beale the team was set up to fail. Ponderous, aimless play which resulted in far less opportunities so when they came along and the strikers missed them the focus falls on them. 

Folk are now talking about Sima being the driving force and we should look to sign him after the loan period but 4 weeks ago he was marked as an atrocious footballer.

You might not have, but I’ve seen enough in Dessers general play to believe he can become a useful player for Rangers. Not expecting you to change your opinion. Just expressing mine.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Granted he’s missed some sitters but all strikers do. Especially when confidence is low.

You don’t score 10 goals in a single Euro campaign if your shite. Granted, he’s lost form, but he’s not shit.

The system he’s been playing in was shit.

Everyone was shit under Beale this season: Raskin was poor, Cantwell was well below his usual levels before the injury, Lundstram was laboured. Can’t think of a single outfield player, with the exception of Sima, who wasn’t pish.

Nobody bar Butland got pass marks. Its no coincidence he’s the only player not particularly effected by team tactics.

And yet despite every outfield player being guff Dessers gets it in the neck pretty much from the get go. When the team is misfiring and creating fuck all then missed opportunities are blown out of proportion.

Against Hibs we missed a fair amount as well as scoring a few. Nobody really gives a rat arse about the ones missed because we scored 4 as the team was set up to dominate and create chances. Under Beale the team was set up to fail. Ponderous, aimless play which resulted in far less opportunities so when they came along and the strikers missed them the focus falls on them. 

Folk are now talking about Sima being the driving force and we should look to sign him after the loan period but 4 weeks ago he was marked as an atrocious footballer.

You might not have, but I’ve seen enough in Dessers general play to believe he can become a useful player for Rangers. Not expecting you to change your opinion. Just expressing mine.

Decent post, however there’s a reason he’s had 8 different clubs in 9 years. He’s had one season in 2016/17  where he scored more than 20 goals. His last 5 clubs he’s barely managed double figures  

Fuck knows what Beale was thinking signing him with those stats. 

I know stats aren’t everything btw. But they should be a major factor when deciding on bringing a player to the club. 

Also he’ll be 30 next year it’s not as if he’s got “potential”

I doubt we will have much money to play with in January, and I don’t think Dessers will be east to shift, so I think we will have no choice but to attempt to utilise him for the rest of the season, but long term I don’t think he’s going to be the answer for us.

If we want to continue to invest in any of the Summer signings in the hope that they will come good then it has to be Danillo and as soon as he’s fit to start he should become the first choice centre forward.