Dessers

BigBearButt

3 hours ago, Real Ranger said:

I didn’t write Dessers off right away, seen it before with two of our greatest strikers in super Ally and Hateley
Could see he worked hard enough and got himself into great positions, which is almost half the battle for any striker, so I hadn’t given up hope until Limassol away and after that I just resigned myself to us being stuck with a donkey.🙂

Then out of the blue I thought he was decent against Dundee and last night he stepped it up another 2 or 3 notches.

Still plenty of time left in the season for this man to become a Rangers hero.

Never say  die ! 

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He’s absolutely shite btw, like chronically piss fucking poor

I'm trying not to be as negative as I have been recently, but there is also no point in being blindly positive either.

He's just not very good is he.

Although he done well at the goal keeping the aberdeen defender busy.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I'm trying not to be as negative as I have been recently, but there is also no point in being blindly positive either.

He's just not very good is he.

Although he done well at the goal keeping the aberdeen defender busy.

He’s dreadful. He’s one footed as fuck aswell 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Was really awful yesterday.

Doesn't hold the ball up, pish in the air, can’t run in behind, doesn’t even have the knack for getting into good positions.

Just offers nothing. 

Aye he's brutal.

Need to punt him somehow for a massive loss.

So disappointing but he’ll be here the full season now that Danilo is out even with a new striker in January. 

Hates the physical side of the game and doesn’t really do anything. He only managed to trap the ball and play it out wide twice yesterday. 

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

He'll probably still do some okay numbers for us but he genuinely has the worst first touch I've ever seen. 

Ball bounces between his feet like a pinball.

Half the time he doesn’t even have a first touch as the ball just goes through him. No idea what runs through his brain at times, he’s a dreadful footballer 

I think he was bought to be the Morelos replacement by Beale. His game is trying to do the same stuff as Alfie did, a physical presence, dropping deep to link the initial build up and occupying defenders, but he's just not very good at it.

Morelos on his day was very good at the above, but equally could be absolutely atrocious on his worst days. Big Dessers is like watching Alfie on a bad day constantly, ball bouncing off him, poor lay offs, and giving away free kicks and falling over rather than getting them. His best lay off yesterday to open up a pass out wide was actually a terrible touch.

I think we have to look at playing him another way if we want to get the best out of him. Weirdly he looks better withdrawn facing goal rather than with his back to goal, which is bizarre for someone of his build. He created a decent Betis like chance yesterday again when he got a bit of space and was facing goal. Maybe there is something there to work with.