***** The Official Hibernian v Rangers Scottish Cup Quarter Final Match Thread *****

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I don’t like quoting the poster I am about to btw as I like him, but this is a pretty clear indication going by likes how many people didn’t care :lol:

A lot of things are said in heat of the moment after a shite result I’ve still no got over that Motherwell performance tbh :lol:

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t like quoting the poster I am about to btw as I like him, but this is a pretty clear indication going by likes how many people didn’t care :lol:

I stand by it though.

Desperate to win the league and a treble would be tremendous.

I said in the thread about the mentality of our players that the same could be said about some of our support at times.

Anyway I'm going for another successful step in our mission to increase the silverware count. Obviously we are going to have to take into account the injury situation and fixture list and adjust our tactics accordingly so we should be winning 2-0 with a third ten minutes into the second half before giving some of the lads a bit of a rest and getting a few minutes into some of the youngsters before we score late on to make it four.

42 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He looked absolutely fucked on Thursday. 

No much good to us if he can barely move

Get your point & I love seeing our players coming off the pitch absolutely fucked (in a good way).   

Some R&R Fri Sat & ready for this mob today.  

Just reckon we need him on the park for an hour ish to be the team the manager wants us to be. 

1 hour ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not seen 1 person say they don’t care tbh, only that league has to take priority, our squad is down to bare bones and players will have to be rested in games I’d much rather that wasn’t a league game, even with resting a couple we should still have enough to beat Hibs.

And what’s it do for morale or momentum giving the message to players that it’s only the league games that are must wins?

Bizarre mentality.

Don’t think it’s that bizarre. The top managers who are competing on 3-4 trophy fronts all do it. (With far lager squads than us).

Klopp rested 9 starters in their last FA cup tie. He rested players for their Europa League match.

Not because they don’t want to win every completion they enter. They do it to maximise their chance of success.

Can see both sides of this one. Anyways get the job done today Rangers

Butland 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Jack Raskin

Wright Diomande Cortes 

Silva. 

That was the team against Ayr Utd at home. Can make a case that there’s 6-7 starting players in there. 

Should play the reserves today, get the confidence on the floor that everyone expects us to pick it back up on Thursday, but if we get battered doesn’t matter cause Dundee is the big game and we should be up for that instead. 

I don't actually care who plays - the only thing that matters is, we win. All the time. Come through the next three games, three wins, have the break and then we're set for the finale. Win the league, win the Europa and then wrap it with the Scottish Cup. Players don't need 'rested' unless they have an injury problem, if they can't motivate themselves for this run in, they're at the wrong club and probably in the wrong job.