*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The only reason I would have Raskin in there is that he’s decent at travelling with the ball, which we are going to need tomorrow. Ideally it would be Cantwell instead but I don’t trust him not to get a daft booking and become a non entity.

Lawrence doesn’t have the legs for this game either from the start.He couldn’t cope at Ibrox and that was with us having home advantage and them not having a fully fit McGregor in midfield. If he starts tomorrow he will be a passenger and him being decent at taking pot shots from 30 years isn’t going to be enough.

Compact in defence with a narrow midfield looking to quickly transition the ball on the break to Silva and Dessers as split strikers is the best way for us to hurt them tomorrow IMO.

I can't pick a team right now. No matter what way we go it will be questioned because of the squad we have. Sterling, Lundstram and Diomande being close together is a must for me, anything after that honestly fuck knows.

13 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

The only reason I would have Raskin in there is that he’s decent at travelling with the ball, which we are going to need tomorrow. Ideally it would be Cantwell instead but I don’t trust him not to get a daft booking and become a non entity.

Lawrence doesn’t have the legs for this game either from the start.He couldn’t cope at Ibrox and that was with us having home advantage and them not having a fully fit McGregor in midfield. If he starts tomorrow he will be a passenger and him being decent at taking pot shots from 30 years isn’t going to be enough.

Compact in defence with a narrow midfield looking to quickly transition the ball on the break to Silva and Dessers as split strikers is the best way for us to hurt them tomorrow IMO.

Raskin’s best game for us was at Parkhead last year.

1 hour ago, Swagger said:

Lawrence will never cope with a game played at the pace it will be tomorrow 

Last 30 for him is probably a better option.  Has the ability to put it in the net that not many others do, but lacks pace as you say.

Butland

Tav Souttar Davies Ridvan

Lundstram Diomande Raskin

Sterling Cantwell

Dessers

We have no pace or out ball and I think Silva would just be a waste to begin with trying to run the channels. 

So I’d pack the middle and just make it messy and give them no time or space. Empty the tank and match them for energy. 

Second half it should be nervy for them as they’ll naturally think about protecting a draw which is a good result for them and we should grow into the game.

Then can take Raskin and Lundstram off, move Sterling back alongside Diomande and throw on some more attacking players.

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Butland

Tav Souttar Davies Ridvan

Lundstram Diomande Raskin

Sterling Cantwell

Dessers

We have no pace or out ball and I think Silva would just be a waste to begin with trying to run the channels. 

So I’d pack the middle and just make it messy and give them no time or space. Empty the tank and match them for energy. 

Second half it should be nervy for them as they’ll naturally think about protecting a draw which is a good result for them and we should grow into the game.

Then can take Raskin and Lundstram off, move Sterling back alongside Diomande and throw on some more attacking players.

When we are already without our first choice centre half pairing there’s no way Clement withdraws Lundstram at any point (barring injury) 

8 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

Last 30 for him is probably a better option.  Has the ability to put it in the net that not many others do, but lacks pace as you say.

Absolutely. There’s no way he should be starting tomorrow but he could bring something from the bench. 
Odds absolutely stacked against us but it’s about staying in the game. 
They’ll go at us 100% early on and concentration is everything. 
We stay in the game till around the 60 mark and they always drop off - Clement pulls a win off tomorrow it’ll be a massive achievement 

3 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I can’t I understand why we’ve faced multiple pumpings at the Paedodome in recent years yet consistently punch above ourselves in the EL year after year with some great away performances, against higher calibre opposition. Yet can’t seem to do it against a team that are rag-rolled in Europe every year. About time our club delivered a win there again.

shitebag mentality mate, it is there and will always be there until we get rid of the usual suspects, i hope im proved wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Swagger said:

And for the fact he’s shite, nothing to do with his injury record 

Correct. Has had ok periods but never sustained either through injury or just no being consistent. I'd not miss him at all.

37 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

When we are already without our first choice centre half pairing there’s no way Clement withdraws Lundstram at any point (barring injury) 

Said on heart and hand he's definitely away to Turkey, should be be playing?

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

Worked with Gerrard because we had that flat 3 in the middle against them covering Tav getting forward. 

I'm not sure we've actually played a flat 3 in the middle since Gerrard departed? 

Gio, the used car salesman and Phil have all played with a number 10 and, as @B1872 said before, we're constantly overrun in the middle. 

Had a look at this after the 3-3. Only time we beat them under Gio we ended the game with the 4-3-3 after starting with a "10". The game swung when we brought Arfield and Davis to play alongside Lundstram. Bassey pushing into midfield that day also helped but gave a similar balance and we shouldn't have been behind.

Gio did start a flat 3 in the 1-1 at parkhead and the 4-0 loss. Just a comparison on those two games in the 1-1 we had McGregor, Bassey, Aribo and Sakala starting compared to the 4-0 when we had McLaughlin, Sands, Tillman and Colak instead and all 4 were fucking dreadful.

Under Beale we only beat them when we started with Raskin, Lundstram and Jack behind Cantwell. Every other game he played a "10"

We started with that base 3 with 1 striker roughly 6 times under Gerrard. We won 4 and the two defeats were the 2-1 at parkhead when Morelos got sent off early on and the League Cup final which I still don't know how we lost.

35 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Correct. Has had ok periods but never sustained either through injury or just no being consistent. I'd not miss him at all.

Another fucking shambolic signing 

Butland

Tav. Souttar Davies Yilmaz

Raskin Lundstram Diomande

Sterling Dessers Lawrence

We shouldn't be playing with a 10 against them, proven time and time again it doesnt really work and for lack of better options then it would have to be Raskin.

Lawrence on the left will cause more bother than Silva for me. Doesn't have pace but was never the quickest and played some of his best stuff prior to us out there.

With the energy of Diomande and Yilmaz him coming inside can cause overloads and he'll also break into the box from the left and picks up better positions, still, than anyone in our attack for example Benfica and with space out wide he can see the game.

He can still beat a man, win a foul, get a goal, be a set peice option and has good movement. He just shouldn't be in the middle of the park, especially against celtic, a bit like Joe Aribo.

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

I can’t I understand why we’ve faced multiple pumpings at the Paedodome in recent years yet consistently punch above ourselves in the EL year after year with some great away performances, against higher calibre opposition. Yet can’t seem to do it against a team that are rag-rolled in Europe every year. About time our club delivered a win there again.

I ask myself this time and time again. Even that season we got to the EL final we were got gubbed off that lot twice.

Don’t think we can go into this game with Sterling anything other than in CM. We will lose the battle in there otherwise.

It’s got to be Cantwell & Silva in behind Dessers unfortunately, it’s not ideal but at least Ridvan will provide some width / pace / energy on the left hand side. The only alternative is McCausland ahead of Silva but I’m not exactly keen on that.

2 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I ask myself this time and time again. Even that season we got to the EL final we were got gubbed off that lot twice.

It’s because we really struggle with teams who come out all guns blazing with a high press, these players simply can’t deal with it.

Even Dortmund, Leipzig etc… never really did that against us.