them

MisterC

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

:confused::confused:

Wit

Lawell has been hooring that club out to the owners of Man City for years.

Im pretty sure that this Ausie guy was the manager of the Australian team bought by the group, he then move to the Japanese club owned by the group.

Lawell's son works for the group and they have been regularly loaning players from them for years (Guidetti, Boyata, Roberts, Arzani).

They were also in talks with Man City for one of their staff who was going to become their Director of Football, but like so many others, he knocked them back.

To be honest, I think Lawell has been trying to get the arabs to invest in Celtic for years, so that he can pocket a massive arrangement fee.

Might be completely wrong, but it is the only thing I can think of for all the links.

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

Hiring a guy who has been vocal about not liking being under pressure, who doesn't have the right badges, who will need to rebuild from scratch, who few people in Europe have heard of, and who will bring an unsuccessful Rangers player as his assistant...

I'm honestly completely baffled by what they're doing. Normally you can at least see some sort of strategy - Lennon was a 'sellik' man on the cheap, Rodgers was an investment out of fear, Deila a stop gap etc. This is just absolutely fucking weird. What are they even trying to do?

He works for the City group. That's the only reason he is getting it.

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Im pretty sure that this Ausie guy was the manager of the Australian team bought by the group, he then move to the Japanese club owned by the group.

Lawell's son works for the group and they have been regularly loaning players from them for years (Guidetti, Boyata, Roberts, Arzani).

They were also in talks with Man City for one of their staff who was going to become their Director of Football, but like so many others, he knocked them back.

To be honest, I think Lawell has been trying to get the arabs to invest in Celtic for years, so that he can pocket a massive arrangement fee.

Might be completely wrong, but it is the only thing I can think of for all the links.

He managed Melbourne Victory not Melbourne City.

9 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Lawwell's son is heavily involved with the City Group.

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He managed Melbourne Victory not Melbourne City.

Regardless, the Yokohama mob are certainly owned by them.

Im sure one of the other front runners for their gig was a Man City coach under Pep and that they were also trying to get one of their staff to be the director of football.

Lots of links there, so many that im suspicious that they are trying to cosy up to them.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Kevin Muscat being his assistant would end them. 

Have you read the internet lately they seem to think they're in inception where it's a nightmare within a nightmare within a nightmare 

Losing the 8 & 3/4 

Then

Howe not signing 

Too

crocodile dundee and Kevin Muscat managing them.

Glorious.

44 minutes ago, tm91 said:

I think he'll probably do better for them than Pedro did for us insomuch as he seems to at least know what he's doing (when he's given time and patience), but I do think the comparison is apt because the reasoning for getting both managers seems to be exactly the same - "How do we stop our rivals? Fuck if I know - might as well take a gamble  on this guy and hope against hope he does well."

You're spot on to emphasise the timing in particular though. Ultimately - and as we saw with Gerrard the next year - any Rangers manager in 2017 had time to adjust because of how unique the circumstances were, as bizarre as Pedro was you could theoretically understand the board's logic.

In 2021, after losing the most important title in any of their fan's lifetimes, at the end of a decade of success, with the next year's title as crucial as any because it will lead to automatic entry to the CL group stages and the money that comes with it - why do this now? It's mental.

It is a total panic move after placing all their bets on getting howe in. He strung them along for so long, that they were left needing an appointment ASAP. 

Any decent manager looking in would look at the weeks they spent chasing howe and ask what he was told to end up saying no.

They also wouldn't want to be seen as the 2nd choice 

Postecoglou is a manager with little understanding of the shit show he's walking into. A short term appointment imo rushed in. 

I think this has disaster written all over it and it's going to be fun to watch 🤣

1 hour ago, Badger said:

He might well work out for them - but there are a lot of red flags with Postecoglu.

I don't think he will be their Pedro, who was an utterly bizarre appointment for us - but agree completely he doesn't seem to be what they need at the moment. As a Rangers fan obviously I'm not disappointed with that, but blue tinted specs off - Celtic really don't need a left field risky appointment at this point in time and it seems to be bizarre that they've headhunted him as their plan B for when Howe fell through. 

Appointing a guy who's only European footballing experience, both as a player and coach, is a 6mth stint managing a team in the Greek 3rd Division :confused:

As said, he might be a success, but much like Pedro - there are a lot of things saying it is a highly risky appointment and it could flop spectacularly. British culture, Scottish climate, British style of football, Celtic park atmosphere, Celtic fan expectations, football politics, etc - he has no experience of any of it and you're asking the guy to adapt - a lot - and will only get 6 months to do it before serious pressure comes. I'd get this risk if he was inheriting a situation like Delia where he was worth a punt as it was a 1 horse race - but it isn't - this is an important appointment for them.

He won't get anywhere near 6 months before the pressure comes, if they get put out of Europe then it'll be high already. I think he might even chuck the job before December.

45 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Regardless, the Yokohama mob are certainly owned by them.

Im sure one of the other front runners for their gig was a Man City coach under Pep and that they were also trying to get one of their staff to be the director of football.

Lots of links there, so many that im suspicious that they are trying to cosy up to them.

I wonder if he will still be paid by the City Group. That would be some laugh :lol: 

Just listened to that Aussie journalist who was waxing lyrical about Postecoglou and saying the stuff like Guardiola thanked him after a game and stuff like that. Not one to spout rubbish blue tinted specs nonsense at anything to do with them but seriously what a crackpot 😂

If you can’t get Guardiola or Bielsa then he’s the next best thing, Eddie Howe is a nobody and they should be delighted he turned them down so they could get Ange instead. He plays the best football in the world, J-League is one of the best leagues in world blah blah. Was unreal 😂

He's coming. :excited:

It's a disaster it's a catastrophe in about 3/4 months.
It's written in the stars.
Hope they kept the tarrier barriers.
Kevin Muscat will end in tears when they start calling him a dirty orange hun bastard,especially at training.
And the fat greek guy will be in tears when they call him a fat greek bastard.
Pity the beast rolf harris isn't around to pen a nice ditty for him.

Why the fuck they keep referring to dr joseph is beyond me,as he won a fair few titles in Holland.
Actually think about Paul Le Guen when i see where they are going with the greek guy.
Le Guen had won 3 titles on the trot with Lyon and it went tits up in a short space of time.

It's hard not to think he is coming to oversee the downsizing of them as a club.
The fire sale will be starting within days and i'm fuckin luvvin it.

ps. i'll be disappointed if no cunt stops him in the Clyde Tunnel to welcome him.