Us v The scum next season

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The scum are in similar position to us at the end of 17-18 season.

New manager, complete rebuild required bar a few players. Sure we signed 20 players in two windows in 18-19 and the squad was still nowhere near strong enough.

Only difference is they will bring in a few million for some players and have more money to spend, but that won't be enough with their signing policy.

Do you not think their ignorance will spur us on to properly build 

We’re probably going to end the season 20+ points apart and hopefully not having lost an OF game in 6 matches. If we can go unbeaten as well it’s a massive psychological bonus going into the new season. 

We need to focus on the middle of the park wheres they need a new CB, LB, RB CDM and ST at the very least. The amount of outgoings they’ll have means they’ll need to sign 6 players just to have the same numbers. We’ve seen ourselves quantity doesn’t work. 

If we can get 3 quality players in again much like last summer we’ll still be extremely hard to catch. 

I’d be shocked if we didn’t win the league next year

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm not sure tbh mate. The Euro's is going to have a big impact on transfers this summer, wouldn't be surprised if our early business is mostly free transfers such as Sakala etc

The CL qualifiers are huge. Kamara and Roofe are banned. Hopefully Borna and Helander are not away into July.

We are going to have to sell 1 or 2 this summer, unless we take the risk and try get through two CL qualifiers without major upgrades, which could be a mistake.

I don't think we will sell anyone until after the champions league qualifying mate that be counter productive imo. 

They still don't have a manager never mind a modern infrastructure. Players wanting away and lots of deadwood who want to stay for the salary they will never get elsewhere. They are a mess.

We will make changes this summer to strengthen our squad plus we have the infrastructure of a modern club.

They have lost their CL money and we have a great chance to get it.

They days of us being in court every other week are behind us. Theirs lie ahead.

We know how long a complete rebuild takes. They think they can do it in a summer.

Hibs may well give them a fight for 2nd. I will be astonished if we don't win the league.  

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

Not the first time you have said this and it's as ridiculous as the first. The scum have been dreadful this season and are still 14 points clear of them. 

I say it as in my opinion they are going backwards and will not improve next season.

30 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Probably unpopular but I said this before the 2-0 game a few weeks ago, I don't think there is much between us.

We've had a great season, been consistent & managed to grind out wins in games we would've lost/drawn in previous seasons. I think playing with no fans has helped us & the win at their place in October was huge in the context of the full season, we kicked on after it and they started falling apart. We've ridden our luck as well in some matches, long overdue mind you!

They've had an absolutely glorious of collapses, the ginger rat stayed around out of greed/stubbornness which fucked them even more, their ego's took over & they expected it would just turn around for them, never happened. 

It'll all depend on who starts the season better, if we get going again I think they'll find it hard to keep up with us, if we give them anything to grasp onto then I think we'll find it much harder & I still don't trust us in high pressure matches.  

We need to address our forward issues in the summer, we simply need more goals from the amount of possessions/chances we have, the fact Tav is still our top goal scorer is crazy. We also need to have a different plan for when things aren't working, we play 1 way & it's starting to show now that teams have figured us out a bit in the last few months. 

From their team just now they’ll lose -

Kenny,Ajer,Laxalt,Brown,Christie,Edouard and Elynoussi.

throw in their keepers are pish and it’s almost a full squad rebuild.

Hopefully they remain a shambles, if the truth be told that shambles has outplayed us 3 times this season, I honestly didn’t see the wonderful performance Gerrard did last weekend , I wanted us to humiliate them like they would us with a 20 point gap , they could have easily won the last 3 games and it was a miracle they didn’t in the new year tie at ibrox 

Performances against them this season suggest not too much between us tbh...first game we never really had to get out of 2nd gear, they were abysmal. 2nd and 3rd game, and parts of the cup game actually, we missed Ryan Jack and a fully firing Arfield in midfield. They had way too much of the midfield for my liking. Our defence is much better obviously and that's been the main difference.

Next season will be interesting, they have a shit load of players to replace but then again, if we want to make a good go of the champions league and improve on mentality for cups etc then we will have a bit of a turnaround as well. Got the makings of a cracking season which hopefully we can get in to the grounds to watch.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

Positives and negatives?

where are we at from bottom to top?

strengths and weaknesses? 

ins and outs?

Trying to wash last night away here a bit and would like the input of the people to put some balance in 

This Saturday is may 1st, that gives them about 8 weeks until pre season friendlies then cl qualifying just after. In those 8 weeks they need to find a management team,  a dof,  a chief scout and 10 plus players going out and coming into the club. We need to strengthen probably 3/4 players with about the same going out. It’s a massive opportunity for us if we get it right this summer. 

8 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Hopefully they remain a shambles, if the truth be told that shambles has outplayed us 3 times this season, I honestly didn’t see the wonderful performance Gerrard did last weekend , I wanted us to humiliate them like they would us with a 20 point gap , they could have easily won the last 3 games and it was a miracle they didn’t in the new year tie at ibrox 

Couldn't agree more we let them off with one last week, if we had attacked then more in the 2nd half we would have put 4 or 5 past them but we sat back and tried to play on the counter. Would like to hope we will get a reaction on Sunday and hopefully we can put they bastard's in there place and show them why they are 20 points adrift. 

6 minutes ago, d_nic83 said:

Couldn't agree more we let them off with one last week, if we had attacked then more in the 2nd half we would have put 4 or 5 past them but we sat back and tried to play on the counter. Would like to hope we will get a reaction on Sunday and hopefully we can put they bastard's in there place and show them why they are 20 points adrift. 

I’m no even sure we’ll win mate 

It would have been very nice to have added the Scottish and the League Cup to our Premiership Champions Trophy.

But, indulge me for a moment, and answer this question???

At the beginning of the season, when all we were hearing about was the inevitability of 10iar, and 10iar this, and 10iar that, would you have took where we are standing today, at this very moment in time?

Of course you fucking would, and anyone that says otherwise is a deluded cunt of a man or a woman.

Just now, The Ibrox Derry said:

Would have been very nice to have added the Scottish and the League Cup to our Premiership Champions Trophy.

But, indulge me, and answer this question?

At the beginning of the season, when all we were hearing about was the inevitability of 10iar, would you have took where we are standing today, at this very moment in time?

Of course you fucking would, and anyone that says otherwise is a deluded cunt of a man or woman.

Absolutely I would have and fell out with some mates on a group chat last night for saying that very thing 🤣

31 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Agree with this . Our arrogance and complacency is outstanding . We have won the league and all of a sudden , many are getting too far ahead of themselves . Last night proves we have miles to go, before we get to that stage , where we can feel we are so far ahead of them . We need to improve and go and win the next 3 games , Just to keep the good feeling regards winning the title. See what happens in the Summer .

A win will do me at the weekend but there is no way this team of ours is going to wipe the floor with the scum at the weekend .