*****The Official Champions vs the scum thread*****

graeme_4

The paper also noted John Kennedy withdrawing Brown in the second half to spare him "further humiliation"

"For Ajer, Elyounoussi and teammates, it was a hard day at work. The former got into the Rangers box with a great solo raid after 78 minutes, but the finish slipped off the foot and went almost impressively far outside.

Oh so sweet.

44 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Some of the pre match in here regarding the possible line up is hilarious, some posters never learn their lesson when they make bold statements about certain players and how useless they are

Far to many to quote but king kirk takes the plaudits with his shitebag statement "if Aribo is in midfield we lose" 

A 4-1 pumping and big Joe has a fine game from midfield :lol:

24 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I got it totally wrong in being very critical (prematch) of Aribo in midfield and Roofe upfront. Just as well I don't get to pick the team.

Let’s be honest. On both Roofe and Aribo’s previous showings v then I think people were pretty justified in being concerned at them starting. They stepped up in a big way, but it doesn’t mean if you thought they shouldn’t have started pre match you were wrong. 

13 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Let’s be honest. On both Roofe and Aribo’s previous showings v then I think people were pretty justified in being concerned at them starting. They stepped up in a big way, but it doesn’t mean if you thought they shouldn’t have started pre match you were wrong. 

Aribo was superb in the cup game 

Played them 5 times this season and the aggregate score is 10-2. That simple fact is ignored by the conspiracy theorists. Forgot to mention that we are 23 points ahead in the league. Plus not a single member of their rancid club would get a game for us.

Not to forget that we only have a 'rookie manager' who knows nothing.

7 minutes ago, Willis said:

Brown walking off with his tail between his legs was really the icing on the jigsaw puzzle to this season for me, get it up the manky bastard

hypothetical - do you think Kennedy would have taken him off if Ibrox had been full 

16 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

hypothetical - do you think Kennedy would have taken him off if Ibrox had been full 

There’s a good chance wi a full house that the Ref would’ve stopped play and sent McGregor off prior to the goal so that would’ve changed everything or he might have the bawz to do what he did and it would’ve played out the same. That’s hypotheticals fur ye.

Just a pity the old Enclosure wasn’t there to bid him a fond farewell.

3 minutes ago, Juniorsparkie said:

There’s a good chance wi a full house that the Ref would’ve stopped play and sent McGregor off prior to the goal so that would’ve changed everything or he might have the bawz to do what he did and it would’ve played out the same. That’s hypotheticals fur ye.

Just a pity the old Enclosure wasn’t there to bid him a fond farewell.

whit the fuck ??

D76811B9-1905-430B-A810-8BB73DC5E14A.gif.214123b50a94f711ac805c465725892f.gif

Needed Simpson, Barisic, Roofe and Morelos to step up after some disappointing recent displays. I thought three of them were superb and even Simpson looked fine despite me dismissing him as total pish two games in. Even before McGregor was sent off, I just felt we were too much for them and were always going to win. A complete tanking though? Didn’t see it coming. What a day.

7 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Needed Simpson, Barisic, Roofe and Morelos to step up after some disappointing recent displays. I thought three of them were superb and even Simpson looked fine despite me dismissing him as total pish two games in. Even before McGregor was sent off, I just felt we were too much for them and were always going to win. A complete tanking though? Didn’t see it coming. What a day.

Simpson was absolutely awful.

Weak as piss and looked every inch a Warburton type centre half.

10 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

No he didn't - had a howler but we got away with it 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ve seen that opinion a lot over the last 24 hours tbf. Maybe my opinion’s affected because my expectations of him were rock bottom before the game. I thought he was pretty drama-free apart from his dodgy attempt to skin Edouard.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Harsh after so few minutes. He will start the next two games and then get a preseason into him. Barisic also was a slow starter but look at him now.

Just now, MarcusDa Beasley said:

I’ve seen that opinion a lot over the last 24 hours tbf. Maybe my opinion’s affected because my expectations of him were rock bottom before the game. I thought he was pretty drama-free apart from his dodgy attempt to skin Edouard.

Nah.

We’re playing against ten men so there was no striker against him.

Outjumped at goal and everytime they went down his side he was nowhere.

As i said, A Warburton type centre half.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He does look a Warburton type I'll give you that but thought after an early booking he done well enough, looked exactly what he is, a 4th/5th choice centre half who we brought in on the cheap.

Goldson/Helander are the first choice pairing, hopefully Katic comes back for next season to push them & with Balogun/Simpson as backups I have no worries about our defence.

Simpson doesn't look good from the few times I've seen him. However, I don't think it's time to write him off. 

He's only been at the club four months and hasn't got much game time because of the good form of Goldson, Helander & Balogun. Sometimes players just need more time than others (Borna Barisic).

This boy will likely need more time than some others due to his amount of game time down south. Some will argue he isn't very good considering how much he has played but it's very much a product of early 20s English football players now.

The manager & Wilson clearly fancy him and we've got him on the cheap. If it works then superb and it doesn't then nothing is lost especially when you consider the other centre halfs we have.