*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

27 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Check these BBC stats - someone has just looked at the score and put stuff up based on that! 😝

No corners, no fouls lmao

B374E7B1-B2AA-4823-8202-55ABEC18E4E1.png

BBC for you, fuckin idiots.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Tbf on Helander I don't think he was all that bad. Not great but probably the best of the back four. Tav and Goldson had shockers, right back to the error ridden performances of 2 and 3 seasons ago. As for Barasic, for all his crossing and overlaps, I can't remember the last time he put in a top class defensive performance.

Like Gerrard said.. Helander played like a Champions League player.  Calamities at the back had nothing to do with him.. Goldson and Tav should have done a lot better for starters. Positioning was all wrong.

29 minutes ago, The Beast said:

There is no-one who properly covers Jack's absence. I thought Lundstrum might but he offers nowhere near the level of defensive intensity that Jack does. Without that the midfield isn't truly balanced.

I hope when he's back that he stays fit.

We've not been able to rely on jack staying fit long term. Hopefully this surgery fixes the issue. 

But if he has another setback we need to be thinking of a long term replacement that can offer what jack does. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We've not been able to rely on jack staying fit long term. Hopefully this surgery fixes the issue. 

But if he has another setback we need to be thinking of a long term replacement that can offer what jack does. 

That lad that Hearts signed from Everton looks the part based on the game against the scum.

8 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Tbf on Helander I don't think he was all that bad. Not great but probably the best of the back four. Tav and Goldson had shockers, right back to the error ridden performances of 2 and 3 seasons ago. As for Barasic, for all his crossing and overlaps, I can't remember the last time he put in a top class defensive performance.

Hopefully the full team click into gear soon, we'll need to be better if we want to qualify.

24 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Fucking hell, the two at the back picked some game to have a stinker in, been along time since we were this bad at the back, thank fuck for the goal, hopefully back at Ibrox we can do ourselves justice.

To be fair, our defensive strength is not just about the centre backs, it’s about the way that Jack and Kamara tuck in either side of Davis to stop the ball ever getting to centre backs.

Lundstram hasn’t got the hang of it yet, Arfield looked like a thirty-something desperately needing game time and, by fuck, did we miss Jack and Kamara.

Roofe, Kamara in at the weekend, give Morelos the second half and keep Kent in cotton wool unless we’re trailing United.

Thank God for Steve Davis.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Saying we miss Ryan jack is a bit of a stretch. We haven't had him for six months!

I have no doubt Kamara would have given us more balance tonight.

Talking about Euro games though and I and many others are more encouraged when Jack is there as an anchor.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Saying we miss Ryan jack is a bit of a stretch. We haven't had him for six months!

No danger Jack leaves Tav as exposed as Lundstram did. Wouldn’t have wasted possession as often either. 

12 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Out of the players at the club our strongest midfield has Ryan Jack in it.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

anyone who thinks Helander had a bad game is fucking clueless man

Connor Goldson was an absolute bombscare next to him

I'll say it again, and hope goldson turns a leaf but he was one if the players very guilty of lacking the mentality in the first 2 seasons.

No supporters last season was a blessing for our squads mentality, not all players but a select few.

Watched the highlights there cause working and missed the game. 

We will do better at Ibrox. I have faith the Gaffer and staff will make it happen 👍🏻

No doom and gloom guys. Our team love to surprise us. I know our fans will get entirely behind our players at home 👍🏻

I'm just hoping nippy lets us have our full house to back our club🤞🏻

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

Bassey starts for me based on pre season, barasic has went back into his weak shell, not aggressive enough again and time and time again turns back onto his left to go back the way!!! He also gets turn inside out, every 1 on 1 tonight resulted in the balls making it into our 6 yard box...

Lundstram seem the player at the back post and was too slow to close him down then turned his back instead of trying to block the shot , I think he was found out big time tonight very poor and not good enough to aid our team.

Goldson had a shocker which is not like him at all , In general the whole team played poor just hope it was a one off and we can turn it around when we can get players back.

A lot of knee-jerk stuff on here (I'm never surprised). Barisic will be back to his best soon. I have no doubt.

As for Lundstarm, I wasn't buying into the hype based on a very average resume but the posters giving him plaudits on the welcome thread are now slating him. I'm somewhere in-between. I think he could get himself a bit more fitter but he has many good attributes.

I didn't like the trio combination in midfield tonight. Too many side passes.

5 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Bassey starts for me based on pre season, barasic has went back into his weak shell, not aggressive enough again and time and time again turns back onto his left to go back the way!!! He also gets turn inside out, every 1 on 1 tonight resulted in the balls making it into our 6 yard box...

Barasic looked like he was blowing out his arse. Nowhere near up to speed