Do we ever just concede a good goal?

GOAT

Just now, GOAT said:

He lost the ball, that’s the key four words. 

Loads of players lost the ball tonight in the opponent's half. That's football. Canny blame a goal at the other end on the guy that lost it. I get the seconds one as he loses it stupidly on the edge of our box.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

We turned over possession on the half way line. Are you basically putting the parameters for a good goal as narrow as the opposition starting a move from a dead ball?

No I’m putting it on our player giving the ball away stupidly.  A mistake and a bad one at that.  

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

No I’m putting it on our player giving the ball away stupidly.  A mistake and a bad one at that.  

Right, but our player giving the ball away on the half way line still leaves a team, or player, lots to do before they score. I dont understand why that doesn't make it a good goal. Teams turn over possession all the time; capitalising on that is part of the game.

How else do you concede a goal I’d love to know that. Ye can’t just hold onto the ball forever someone will lose it at some point whether it’s 20 or 60 yards from goal.  

The minute that boy ran at us and whipped that ball it was in and I sit in BF! 

17 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Every goal we concede always comes from an absolute ridiculous mistake.  Kent cost us both goals tonight, second one especially was ridiculous.  But first one he could have played Morelos through and instead two seconds later the balls in our fucking net.  Shambles.

Kent lost possession poorly.

Lundstrum poor defensively.

Wonder strike.

Kent wholly to fault for not learhering it clear.

That's what cost 2 goals.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Kent lost possession poorly.

Lundstrum poor defensively.

Wonder strike.

Kent wholly to fault for not learhering it clear.

That's what cost 2 goals.

Pish mate. Greenfield Friday night and I'll tell you how it's pish lol. You're still invited.

16 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I agree with you here mate. Kent could have attempted a positive forward defence splitting pass to alfie but like the rest of his team mates decides not to and is caught in possession and they punish us for it. Personally I’d rather lose possession on their 18 yard trying to open them up than on the half way line under pressure. We’re so scared to open up teams by losing possession for reasons unknown to me. 

21 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Even if a team scored a perfect goal, from kick off, with perfect play that was absolutely unavoidable and there was no-one in our team to blame, the default rule would kick in and cunts would blame Tav.

Justifiably.. 9 times out of 10.