Morelos

DiamondDan

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

The good thing about Gio coming in and Makaay is both will speak fluent Spanish you would imagine as they both played there for years.  So Makaay was a brilliant goal scorer, probably not the world class bracket but 100% the top class level.  If Morelos doesn’t learn in that environment he never will.

Why would that make a difference?

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Why would having two coaches - one a former top class striker - that speaks your language make a difference?

Morelos speaks English, Beale also spoke Spanish, your point on Makaay being a great striker is right but you have to have a player who wants to learn and get better, Morelos cannot even keep himself in good shape to play for us so he will have his work cut out for him. 

Season on season we have a player who performance has dropped considerably.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I hope the first thing GVB and MaKaay change is making him come deep. He needs to be in the penalty area scoring garbage goals. Coming deep and attempting to play long cross field passes does my head in. He is a poacher not a skillful playmaker.

Hopefully new coaching reignites him. You don't score 100+ goals at Rangers without natural talent.

Games I understood why he he dropped deep. He was able to get his markers to come out of position and allow others to exploit the spaces left. 

I agree but hope new coaching tell him to stay further forward and look to attack.

49 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

I thought Defoe moving to a coaching roel would improve Morelos this season.  Seen no sign of improvement whatsoever though.

Not now by the looks of it he's back in training gear like the rest of the players.

51 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

I thought Defoe moving to a coaching roel would improve Morelos this season.  Seen no sign of improvement whatsoever though.

Based on the decline in Morelos, we’d have been better asking Douglas Park for a coach.

5 hours ago, Smile said:

Morelos speaks English, Beale also spoke Spanish, your point on Makaay being a great striker is right but you have to have a player who wants to learn and get better, Morelos cannot even keep himself in good shape to play for us so he will have his work cut out for him. 

Beale speaks Portugese, he speaks very little Spanish, to the point he’d tell you he doesnt speak it, and Morelos’ English couldn’t exactly be described as fluent. 

5 hours ago, Smile said:

Morelos speaks basic English. And it’s Portuguese Beale speaks :lol:

4 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Morelos hasn’t scored in a few weeks and is therefore now fat.

E95BB205-5C79-4CF3-84C8-2B9159501C9B.gif

He’s slow as a week in the jail. And he didn’t used to be. He’s undoubtably heavier than he was. Not saying he’s ‘fat’, but his lack of both pace and pressing are clear.

13 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Games I understood why he he dropped deep. He was able to get his markers to come out of position and allow others to exploit the spaces left. 

I agree but hope new coaching tell him to stay further forward and look to attack.

Accept they quickly found that out and when he drops deep either a sitting mid covers him or they just leave him and the centre halves stay in position 

He's put on far too much weight, lost whatever pace he had & seems disinterested, the last one is the main reason I'd drop him

Yet there's still a serious argument to be made for him to start on Thursday. Sakala in the middle of a 3 just won't work, up against 2 massive centre backs, he'll not get involved 

And Roofe is ridiculously unfit, the amount of injuries he gets for a professional footballer (in his prime) is beyond a joke.

Get him some competition and you might see a bit of fire in him again, as it stands just now he turns up and is better than anything else we have, says more about the rest than him.

11 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

I hope he gets back to form and starts scoring the goals again- he has proved he can do it.

If not, I would like to see Juan Alegria get a chance

Juan Alegria who isn’t a guaranteed starter for Dev team?