*****Official Rangers v Sparta Match Thread*****

4 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

McGregor hates doing media duties 😂

Should have sent him out to face the media on Sunday. :p:

Would have shut them up and at least kept our private issues in-house.

Certainly wouldn't have been any worse than Goldson. 

Honestly if we play Lundstram at CB ahead of 19 year old McClelland (which in footballing terms ain’t exactly that young) we would be aswell just disbanding our youth system.

Also people are saying the likes of Mayo, Williamson etc… are ahead of the B team players just because they are older but the B Team players have far more natural talent and ability than the generation before them, the truth is Mayo has looked as poor as Welsh for a Scotland U-21’s in the three times I have watched them (part of a defence that have conceded 10 goals in 7 games).

It sounds like he’s improving at Partick; but if he will ever improve enough to play at Rangers level it remains to be seen.

I honestly think that young players that are going to be good enough for us will be ready to play at least some part at 18/19 at a push 20, there is no use loaning then out till they are early to mid 20’s (maybe Goalkeepers aside).

45 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Honestly if we play Lundstram at CB ahead of 19 year old McClelland (which in footballing terms ain’t exactly that young) we would be aswell just disbanding our youth system.

Also people are saying the likes of Mayo, Williamson etc… are ahead of the B team players just because they are older but the B Team players have far more natural talent and ability than the generation before them, the truth is Mayo has looked as poor as Welsh for a Scotland U-21’s in the three times I have watched them (part of a defence that have conceded 10 goals in 7 games).

It sounds like he’s improving at Patrick but if he will every improve enough to play at Rangers level it remains to be seen.

I honestly think that young players that are going to be good enough for us will be ready to play at least some part at 18/19 at a push 20, there is no use loaning then out till they are early to mid 20’s (maybe Goalkeepers aside).

People are saying they’re ahead because they’re playing in the Championship and Premiership rather than the Lowland league

5 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

It sounds like he’s improving at Partick; but if he will ever improve enough to play at Rangers level it remains to be seen.

Are they registered for Europe?

6 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Agreed. If a youth player isn’t knocking on the first team door, like Patterson for example, by the time they’re 19/20 then we should let them go and try their luck elsewhere. 

6 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

CB is the most physically demanding position going. You can get away with being slight at full back or any of the other forward positions. CB is a physical contest with a CF. Some 19 years olds (in fact most) just aren’t ready for it. 

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

CB is the most physically demanding position going. You can get away with being slight at full back or any of the other forward positions. CB is a physical contest with a CF. Some 19 years olds (in fact most) just aren’t ready for it. 

Never played winger/striker mate?  CB’s just kicked the fuck out of players. 

Oh! I would love us to win tonight and put some pride back into this team & forget about that nightmare we had last Sunday.

Even with a new manager in place, I think it's far too early to expect a big change- I just fear these words " Oh for fucks sake, no again ! "

I want us to come out- play and act like Champions and win ! we will soon see.

23 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Certainly more confident going into tonight than I was on Sunday and I expect a big reaction from the players.

3-1 Rangers

Love your optimism mate,but I just don't see it unfortunately.as gio said he's only had a few days with the players,which simply isn't enough time to install any kind of hunger into some of these spineless players.

A good result tonight and last week's car crash will be fade into the past. Would be some start if Gio could get them going and put a performance in. What more motivation do they need than to stay in Europe and beat those sparta cunts. 

Mon to fuck Rangers :UK: