*****The Official Hivs vs Rangers thread*****

CR3

6 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

Wouldn’t say we were nervy the defence  done their jobs and kept a clean sheet, They have decent attacking players so the defending isn't going to look pretty for the whole match.

Goldson was horrendous? Did you not see his flick clearance that prevented them scoring a tap in? not saying he was perfect but done it when it mattered.

Aye there was moments we gave away possession but there was plenty of good attacking play that we just didn’t pick the right choice to score.

Compared to last weekend’s  performance tonight was 10x better.

Put it this way mate, when they got the ball into our box, I was nervous for them :lol: Shagger punching the ball rather than catching it gives me the fear. We did make a few good blocks, but I still wasn't convinced with our passing out of defence, Goldson was the worst culprit especially start of the 2nd half. That clearance you mention.....I would need to see it again, but I think he's trying to blooter it the way it came....I think he looks across worried that it's going in. 

Regardless, we won, which is all that matters :tu:

Was watching on the phone while at work. So delighted that that hammer-throwing prick Porteous was responsible for their loss.

Laughed like fuck at his act after clipping Kent. As blatant a penalty as you’ll ever see. 😂

One of the things that annoyed me the last hour of first half on Sunday was the number of times we made 50/50 tackles or interceptions and Livingston still came away with possession from the resulting break down in play.  Saw the same thing happening for significant sections of the game tonight.  Very early days in Gio’s reign but hope it’s not a recurring feature.

I hope we can find some funds for Gio in January. Can't complain with 100% record to start his reign but he can only work with what he's got right now. 

He'll want another winger for sure but the fact Wright can't get a glimpse as a winger under a manager that plays wingers doesn't look too good. I know Wright divides opinion but I think with the right coaching he can be a good option at times. 

24 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

One of the things that annoyed me the last hour of first half on Sunday was the number of times we made 50/50 tackles or interceptions and Livingston still came away with possession from the resulting break down in play.  Saw the same thing happening for significant sections of the game tonight.  Very early days in Gio’s reign but hope it’s not a recurring feature.

To be fair that's been happening from the beginning of this season, I spotted it after three or four games and it dose my head in seeing it, the balls like a magnet to the opposition sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Can someone tell me why McGinn wasn’t booked for screaming in the ref’s face from six inches away when the penalty was correctly awarded?

Even more enraged than the offender Porteous, veins popping, ready to explode, the most outstanding display of dissent I’ve seen in a long time.

If we had a proper compliance officer, he’d be up on a charge for that behaviour.

Who cares mate, 3 points and they're spewing about it. Job done. :tu:

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

Who cares mate, 3 points and they're spewing about it. Job done. :tu:

You’re right of course but it pisses me off that a guy sticks the ball away (time wasting) after the whistle has gone and gets booked yet McGinn displays clear aggression towards the referee and gets away with it.