How Stubborn do we think Gio will be going forward?

The true baller

I think (hope) he will be pretty open to changing some things. Not just in terms of personnel but formation/style, I can't say I kept up with his management stints elsewhere but would be curious to know about this side of him.

I realize he must be a good enough manager to do what he did in Holland so surely he has to see what we're all seeing? Hopefully he can see it now and fix it whilst they bastards are easily catchable. Starting Sunday.

Just now, Dickie said:

He says he won’t change and nobody complained before Wednesday so he must have been happy with the shite we’re watching.

Its worrying as his brand of football is sussed out.. it will lead to dropped points. We need to overrun teams. THAT works.

Sorry but a 4-3-3 if your players are up for it will be better than a 4-4-2 or 5-3-or any other formation if the players are not up for it.

Individual errors and a lackadaisical approach to the game from the players will lead to dropped points, not the tactics.

If Gio can’t motivate players and won’t drop them even when its clear they won’t be motivated then that’s Gio’s failing.

It's not just about what formation the team sets up in on paper. 

It's about patterns and phases of play, how to work the ball and create overloads, what shape to be in when out of possession and a multitude of other things that we just seem bereft of right now.

The players are playing like individuals because there is no coherent style or strategy.

Well, if he doesnt find the proper way to motivate players and if he keeps doing what he is doing right now, he will be fired come end of the season. So its up to him to keep the job and win trophies. Be a champion or be stubborn. Its an easy one, isnt it? 

47 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's not just about what formation the team sets up in on paper. 

It's about patterns and phases of play, how to work the ball and create overloads, what shape to be in when out of possession and a multitude of other things that we just seem bereft of right now.

The players are playing like individuals because there is no coherent style or strategy.

Exactly. We are rarely overloading and I see no patterns of play what so ever and the shape??? All seems very random.