*****The Official Dundee United vs Rangers Thread*****

RangersMedia

Honestly think our transfer business in January has crippled us, we needed two solid fit and ready players to push us on , we got an unfit superstar and a wee boy that's lighter than Mo Farah, shocking from Wilson and the board, pissing money away like that unforgivable imo.

Just now, the old guard said:

Honestly think our transfer business in January has crippled us, we needed two solid fit and ready players to push us on , we got an unfit superstar and a wee boy that's lighter than Mo Farah, shocking from Wilson and the board, pissing money away like that unforgivable imo.

What money?

Actually played well for large spells of the game. Should have scored about five, had two penalties and they should have been down to at least 10, possibly 9.

Fuming at Madden. Was grateful for half time coming when it did so I could calm down. Probably the most mental I’ve ever gone at a game.

9 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

We struggle against jobbers for some reason. Also what is with players scoring their first goal for their club against us? 

I won’t question the effort, but I would question how it was applied - as you say, means we struggle against jobbers.

Didn’t even play badly, in fact overall I thought we were pretty good. It’s just one of those games that happens in a season where you somehow drop points. 

Unfortunately it comes after three poor away results and performances so we had no room for error. 

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Ive just seen the Sakala penalty incident and its absolutely criminal that that wasn't given alongside a red card.

The issue with these refs is where's the consequence? 

Like literally, does anything get done? Feels like even if we complain it's a "that wasn't great, Bobby..... On you go then" 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Actually played well for large spells of the game. Should have scored about five, had two penalties and they should have been down to at least 10, possibly 9.

Fuming at Madden. Was grateful for half time coming when it did so I could calm down. Probably the most mental I’ve ever gone at a game.

We played well from back to front but we seem to panic in front of goal, wild shots that don’t hit the target, hit and hope.

3 on target ain’t good enough 

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Sick as fuck at that today , shocking referee and just no run of the ball cost us here , we battered them for that whole match.

I think we are playing some of the best football we have played in ages , I dont think this is over by a long way.

I also noticed how much the ball just wouldn't roll our way today, it was freaky as fuck, makes you think this just isn't going to be our season, it's not the first game either it's been like this.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Rangers Football Club
@RangersFC
Jon McLaughlin misses today with a virus whilst Aaron Ramsey and Leon Balogun have minor knocks. All three players will return to the group during the week.

Hardly kicked a ball, trying to get match fit and picks up a slight knock.... That was always the gamble with this guy, running out of time now.

12 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Couple inches to the left and the boys a hero

margins mate 

Wasn't just the moment, pal. The walking away because he thinks he's offside or running into a man and giving up. 

We've obviously got him until end of season and maybe in the home games with a wider pitch he can be of use but not been impressed so far. 

As you say, I'd have loved him if he tucks that away though. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I get the negativity but I thought we were damn unlucky today. Can't fault the effort.

A few more twists and turns still to play I reckon.

We were actually impressive for large spells but seemed to coincide with Dundee Utd dropping their press. We had a 10 minute spell in the first half where we couldn't get out. It was embarrassing. 

VAR in play today and we win comfrotably. Considering the game at Dortmund not for VAR we would of been denied a penalty and goal initally given as offside would off remained offside. Refereeing in general is at a very low standard, also seems that the involment of the linesman and 4th official are getting less and less. 

Var is needed in Scotland immediately and for a country that now has potentially two teams particiapting in the Champions league its becoming an embarrasment.