*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

Just now, xaldub said:

And as further proof, the last 5 mins of normal time was a perfect example of how passive the support was at times tonight. At every corner and set-piece most of them were just standing there doing nothing .....

Just now, xaldub said:

It's clear to me that it wasn't the usual away support that managed to get the tickets tonight. 

Nailed it.........

Just now, Nameless Ghoul said:

Can't really disagree but at the same time it's hard to just give the loudest fans the big games. 

You make sure you sort out some sort of support that orchestrate the choir. Like what Frankfurt done. Instead the club go with whoever spends the most or has the most time on their hands.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Our support were fucking horrific. 

Had 3/4 of the stadium yet silence and stood still. 

All fans who either spend the most or have the most time off. 

Frankfurt done the correct thing and got their main support tickets.

I've no idea if it was how the microphones were on TV, we didn't sound vocal and visually we looked like we stood still most of the time. It went through my mind in the first few minutes if many who were there were just paying more than others to be there, or just had the right contacts

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Exactly, sums him up the way he put his foot up to stop it was like  watching a rangers woman player , how the fuck he started is beyond me.

sakala must be fkn raging a ridiculous humiliating decision to sub a sub

sands coming on was just wtf is he going to do

100%

2 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

we all did but then Rangers do what Rangers do best, fanny about with the ball and time waste while the cunts where there for the picking, after we scored the amount of mistakes and lose balls from them in that 7 minute spell was our chance to do something, instead they made a sub and less than 13 minutes later scored.

Absolutely crucial we hold that for next 20 before space starts opening up to hit them on the counter. It was THE crucial moment. 

I can't understand how we didn't go for it at the end of extra time in each half when we had possession and knew the ref would blow as soon as we stopped attacking, didn't feel like we wanted it enough imo tonight and thats the worst thing. Frankfurt were beatable.. 

Just now, JWAC said:

I've no idea if it was how the microphones were on TV, we didn't sound vocal and visually we looked like we stood still most of the time. It went through my mind in the first few minutes if many who were there were just paying more than others to be there, or just had the right contacts

I thought it was the microphones until people in the stadium said we were silent until the last 5 minutes of the 1st half then sporadically chanting after that. Night and day compared to Ibrox.

Just now, EMRFC said:

Really hurts to say this but Dortmund, Braga, Leipzig etc now means nothing to me, the same way Fiorentina means absolutely nothing to me.

Fucking gutted.

It's football mate, if those games mean nothing it's time to chuck it.

We beat one of the biggest teams in Europe to get to the final.

1 minute ago, berkshirebear said:

I can't understand how we didn't go for it at the end of extra time in each half when we had possession and knew the ref would blow as soon as we stopped attacking, didn't feel like we wanted it enough imo tonight and thats the worst thing. Frankfurt were beatable.. 

I had this feeling end of normal time when we had a succession of throw Ins in line with their box. Absolutely no urgency at one point we even worked it back to our own half. It looked like we settled for extra time. 

3 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Eh?  Obtuse. Explain to me after the teams we beat to get to the final. 

How else do you want it? 

With the way things are stacked against teams like ours, we have no right to be getting this far. 

Folk finger pointing need to take a wee break. It's not the night for it, given this team's had a great campaign, surmounting financial disparities that mean we should never be getting this far on paper. Which is what 'we have no right' refers to. You know, the fairly commonly used phraseology to identify over achievement.

1 hour ago, gazza27 said:

Come back on the next few days when the boys get back and post that,idiot 

Aye I’ll post it again now, fucking library brigade, idiot. I’m in Seville and just not stupid enough to pay a scumbag 2 grand for a ticket to sit on my hands

Just now, Zappa6995 said:

In hindsight Roofe should have been on earlier, Kamara shouldn’t have been on at all and I would honestly have given Lowry 15 mins and Ramsey and Sands were just bizarre.

Sands coming on allowed us to play a flat back three with Lundstram in midfield. It was the right decision and we saw more of the ball and had more chances.