*****The Official Europa League Final Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

3 minutes ago, M-89 said:

A lot of fireworks around the north of Glasgow right now. Weird they’d buy fireworks for a final they’re not in and apparently don’t care about. 

They're giving it all billy big baws on twitter...never seen a bunch so happy about a game they're not in, aren't interested in and definitely didnae watch!

Fucking wankers 

I think it's important that we recognise that these players will remember and have to live with this for the rest of their lives. It's important they get supported for the weekend and try and give them confidence to win a very important final. 

On Ramsey penalty I think if you go down the middle you need to smash it so even if goalie touches it the power could just take it in. 

3 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Just so disappointing all around. Had our chances, didn’t take them. Familiar song.  This feels just like the letdown in the SCF after beating the Scum in the SCSF a few years back. Not just gutted, am angry AF at the sub-par performance and backing. 

What a wasted opportunity.

Go fuck yourself ya cunt. Nobody is more disappointed than me but I am proud of our team and our support,… we are the fucking people

1 minute ago, teddybear1975 said:

Gutted. All ifs and buts but wish Goldson just hit that cross into row z and asked questions later. Some important players for us just didnt turn up like we know they can.

Back to the days of freezing when something is directly at stake.

1 minute ago, Boaby Bear said:

I'm more gutted with our performance it was abysmal at times,long punts up the park, not winning the midfield battles, playing without a striker, no bravery on the ball, Tav and Goldson taking an age on the ball then surrendering possession easily either by holding it too long or launching it out the park.

To get to a final and put that performance in doesn't sit well with me but a great ride getting there all the same.

well done Eintracht. 

Totally agree. Did not do ourselves justice tonight. That's what hurts tye most.

Just now, TheBluebells said:

Sadly feel the same. 

The team tonight wasn’t the same team that got us there, we were terrible most of the game and it’s so frustrating because we watched us take the game to teams and beat them.  

Yeah guys like Tav, Lundstrum even Kamara put it all on the line in the knockouts and we're levels above that tonight.

Not having Morelos or even a fit roofe really fucked us up.

1 minute ago, teddybear1975 said:

Gutted. All ifs and buts but wish Goldson just hit that cross into row z and asked questions later. Some important players for us just didnt turn up like we know they can.

Seen that kind of nonsense more than enough from him. May sound cruel, but I’m in a cruel mood - I won’t miss him.

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

Sadly feel the same. 

The team tonight wasn’t the same team that got us there, we were terrible most of the game and it’s so frustrating because we watched us take the game to teams and beat them.  

We miss Alfie too much. All we did was pump long balls that came straight back. I still don't think they're all that good. If we had a striker i think it would have been different. 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

So what! Don't pull fucking examples out of thin air. 

He has hardly kicked a ball for us. He should never be asked to take one and he should have said no. 

Not the point, he is a world known international player who should be able to score a penalty when needed

Just now, The Godfather said:

Yeah guys like Tav, Lundstrum even Kamara put it all on the line in the knockouts and we're levels above that tonight.

Not having Morelos or even a fit roofe really fucked us up.

Not closing down the deadliest crossed in europe and then having zero positional sense with the ball in fucked us up.

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

I think it's important that we recognise that these players will remember and have to live with this for the rest of their lives. It's important they get supported for the weekend and try and give them confidence to win a very important final. 

On Ramsey penalty I think if you go down the middle you need to smash it so even if goalie touches it the power could just take it in. 

Didnt matter where he put it , most of us had a gut feeling he was missing. Terrible signing and hopefully on a plane to Italy now.

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

But we were there tonight after beating solid teams. So we do have the right. 

Ok, I guess being obtuse is one reaction to grief.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Not closing down the deadliest crossed in europe and then having zero positional sense with the ball in fucked us up.

Yeah Wright, Goldson and Bassey really messed that up. So simple to defend and stop but they all let it happen.

Can't change it now

We must sign players and get the CL through the qualifiers