Steven Davis another year.

Smile

I think it’s always good to have someone with his experience and knowledge of the club in the dressing room and on the training ground. I don’t think this is a reflection of how the transfer window will go I just think it’s a sensible decision giving the squad a good balance of experience and youth.

21 minutes ago, leam_baw said:

Davis and Arfield taking up two spaces in squad. Good players over time for us, but I feel they should of been moved on.

Can see where this transfer window is going now! 

You know where its going , the two of them should have been punted.

5 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Embarrassed for you .

Dont be

Personally Im embarrassed for the love in for a player clearly well past his prime.   

As I said if he hasnt taken a significant pay cut this isn't a positive move and again takes up a place in the squad ahead of a youngster or new signing. 

25 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Think he’s worth another year.

Would only have him come on as a sub in games though. He still offers us something in that role 

That and the guidance and experience he can offer to Lowry in particular is for me a positive.

Not entirely against it as he has proved he is still good enough when asked, my worry would be if he is getting game time that perhaps McCann should be getting, we seriously need to use McCann and Lowry more this season, I would like to see a good balance of youth and experience 

5 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

He’s a class act and can still offer something. Having said that I hope this isn’t a reflection of our window and time is most certainly up for McGregor though, will be worried if he is offered. 

To me we’ve waited to see if we won Europa and if we got CL entry.

Now that we haven’t Plan B is to offer deals to our old players who were out of contract i.e Davis, Mcgregor, Balogun.

People thinking we will spend significant money in transfer market, without selling first, are living in cloud cuckoo land.

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

To me we’ve waited to see if we won Europa and if we got CL entry.

Now that we haven’t Plan B is to offer deals to our old players who were out of contract i.e Davis, Mcgregor, Balogun.

People thinking we will spend significant money in transfer market, without selling first, are living in cloud cuckoo land.

Yeh agree with all that mate, what makes thing worse is the timescale involved. I really fancy us to enter CL through the qualifiers but there’s not much time in between knowing if you’ve qualified (24 August) and the end of the window (1 Sept). Works against us massively but fuck all we can do about it now. 

4 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Yeh agree with all that mate, what makes thing worse is the timescale involved. I really fancy us to enter CL through the qualifiers but there’s not much time in between knowing if you’ve qualified (24 August) and the end of the window (1 Sept). Works against us massively but fuck all we can do about it now. 

Still a full week for Wilson and Scoulding to find us a gem from Belgian league and an EPL loanee.

He's showing he can still come in and offer us something. I wouldn't expect him to start every week. 

It is a bit worrying but we're resigning both Arfield and Davis. I thought it would be one or the other. 

We really need to freshen the team up this summer with first team ready players.

Hopefully as it's still early days they will come. But can't help but think it's going to take a sale like Bassey before money gets spent. 

28 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Anyone who thinks he doesn’t offer anything is honestly an idiot. He could play against literally any team domestically and still run the show in midfield consistently and, in the cup semi, he showed that he can be an impact sub too. 

Folk are clamouring for McCann to take his space but McCann needs an SPFL Premiership level loan next season IMO, a club like Ross County would be good for his development. 

Obviously, this is on the basis that he is staying as a secondary option and is on reduced wages. If Wilson doesn’t sign a 1st XI quality midfielder in this window we’re genuinely fucked again for next season because our good players can’t stay fit.

Davis
Arfield
Jack
Lundstram
Kamara
Aribo
Hagi
Sands
Ofoborh
Lowry
McCann

11 midfielders, 8 of them defensive minded.

Where exactly do we fit in a new midfielder now?