Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Sacked.

The Dude

10 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Sad it ended this way, but Gio brought it on himself.

he didn't really, he never got the backing that he should have gotten, all that money for the europa final, all that champions league money, losing bassey, losing aribo, losing leon and they didn't get replaced with that type of quality, we brought in souttar on a free, we brought in rivadan who was unfit then injured, played a 3 games or so then injured again, we brought in lawrence (injured) and then all all those injuries one after another and then the goal keeping situation is a complete farce.

personally i don't think he got the backing and dare say those injuries didn't help him either.

1 minute ago, Kents_Hook said:

he didn't really, he never got the backing that he should have gotten, all that money for the europa final, all that champions league money, losing bassey, losing aribo, losing leon and they didn't get replaced, we brought in souttar on a free, we brought in rivadan who was unfit then injured, played a 3 games or so then injured again, we brought in lawrence (injured) and then all all those injuries one after another.

personally i don't think he got the backing and dare say those injuries didn't help him either.

Fuck that noise. Injuries or not he still had a squad good enough to beat St Johnston, St Mitten, Livingston. That as well as giving us the European results we got was abysmal.

Just now, Monkey Butler said:

Could people stop saying "sad it didn't work out". Of course it's sad when something doesn't work out ffs!

Think people more mean because he was a class player for us and a guy who’s pretty much universally liked 

4 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

Feel a bit bad because he was one of my heroes growing up. I suppose nothing will ever change that but it's a shame it didn't work out as a manager. All the best to him wherever he ends up next.

Aye, it's sad it didn't work out.

25 minutes ago, watty. said:

Beale's not the answer at this time.no unproven managers please.can't keep paying managers off every 12 months.no more 4 year fucking contracts either.

It’s been 5 years since we paid off a manager 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Think people more mean because he was a class player for us and a guy who’s pretty much universally liked 

I'm always sad when any of our managers get sacked, usually because it means we're trailing the tarriers and we've been papped out of Europe. Being an ex player or a nice guy doesn't really factor into it.