This boards legacy

GOAT

There's gonna become a time very shortly that eyes are gonna be directed at them and serious questions asked. Listen am grateful for everything they've done plugged gaps in our finances with there own money etc 

However if they don't have the financial muscle to take us forward to compete constantly for trophies then they should sell to someone that can. 

We as a club should be challenging and winning our fair share of trophies not just a league every 3 or 4 years and the odd cup success. 

As harsh as it is the levels of sucess before 2012 should be what the aim is now if that cant be achieved then sell up and move on. 

31 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

There's gonna become a time very shortly that eyes are gonna be directed at them and serious questions asked. Listen am grateful for everything they've done plugged gaps in our finances with there own money etc 

However if they don't have the financial muscle to take us forward to compete constantly for trophies then they should sell to someone that can. 

We as a club should be challenging and winning our fair share of trophies not just a league every 3 or 4 years and the odd cup success. 

As harsh as it is the levels of sucess before 2012 should be what the aim is now if that cant be achieved then sell up and move on. 

We were back at the top of Scottish football after winning the league by a 25 point margin the board decided not to invest in the playing squad and has taken us back years that'll be their legacy. 

5 hours ago, Bears r us said:

For such great Rangers men, they seem to not give a fuck about the tarriers winning trophy after trophy, and as many have said they will soon overtake us as the most successful team.

They should have been searching to bring in real investment for years now, because they obviously do not have the money required to do what we all want. 

If they do not step up this summer and buy the quality of players we need then it is surely time to put on the pressure required to make change at the top.

Robertson is and never will be a Rangers man and in fact shows an utter contempt for our supporters. If the board showed the same zeal in improving our player pool as they did fighting the cinch deal then I would be happy.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Robertson is and never will be a Rangers man and in fact shows an utter contempt for our supporters. If the board showed the same zeal in improving our player pool as they did fighting the cinch deal then I would be happy.

I would not argue that he is, I have no idea who he supports but I certainly have no faith in his ability as a CEO.

It is the people who hold the shares and have put in money in the past, that I am questioning to be honest.

My guess is they need people to come in with much deeper pockets, but it looks like they have never really gone down the road of finding them.  

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

The concern is, I don't think there are many out there that would want to buy us.

There's no money in Scottish football. The person buying us would need to accept they are doing so to lose money with little upside.

Add to that we're already hitting the FFP ceiling so it's not so easy to just invest money into transfers.

3 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I don't like a lot of what the board have done but that isn't true.

We've made a loss in 9 of the last 10 years and are spending on the verge of what FFP allows. How is that putting profit above trophies?

I said putting profit not making profit. If they are not capable of getting both right, then they shouldn't be in the job 

4 minutes ago, the old guard said:

I said putting profit not making profit. If they are not capable of getting both right, then they shouldn't be in the job 

But I'd disagree that they are putting profits first. 

The biggest issue I see is decision-making. We have spent money on the completely wrong players, resulting in us having a large, bloated, expensive squad of poor players. 

The board are fucking amateurs and it's one calamity after another with them. Out of touch with the fan base and too late to make the changes required when its staring them in the face.

The fact Ross Wilson is still in a job after the utter dross we have signed sums them up really.

7 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

They are by no means perfect, that's for sure, but maybe those who want them to fuck off can list the names of those desperate to buy the club, and spend millions on players. 

I think you can be pissed off at the board for incompetence rather than just money spent.

I can accept we don’t have much money.

I can’t accept signing 35 players under Wilson and only 3 making the team. There’s no strategy behind each signing. 

Any competent board would look at what they’ve done and what we’ve done and make a change. Wilson should have been the first out the door before Gio

Let's be honest, the board have put their hands in their pockets at times.

However, they've consistently missed out on key opportunities to upgrade our squad at moments of strength. As mentioned in the initial post, post-55 and after CL qualification should have seen a significant improvement to the playing squad.

It's also worth noting that celtic appointed a good manager who had extensive knowledge of an excellent, untapped market. It's annoying as they basically lucked into it, given he clearly wasn't their first choice, but even with significant investment last year we'd still have been in a close title race, such was the level of improvement under Postecoglu and the players he brought in.

Let's face it, the board robbed Ajax on the Bassey fee and was lucky with the Patterson fee. Their reputation lies in those two transfers. I doubt we will ever see the £4M bonus money for Aribo as he appears to be toiling.

Wilson's legacy will be Matondo and not in a good way, as no one will go near that contract.

It’s been time up for the charlatans for a while, but the bigger issue is who is going to take it over? Only message this current crop would understand is the fans not buying season tickets, but fuck me, that’s a big call. They’re banking on the hearts of Rangers fans the cunts. 

Total clear out is required but the replacements need to be nailed on improvements. We have limited funds and like or not we are not going to compete with the kind of spending they have had in the last four windows. Beale has to oversee every signing and be the only voice when it comes to making the final choice. None of this input from all involved nonsense. 

Wilson has to shoulder most of the blame for our current predicament followed very closely by a serious lack of investors.

Yes some of the board invested some of their own money to prop us up but they don't seem to be chasing serious investors that don't mind putting a few million in for the long haul.

The board seem to be very happy being known around town as members of the Rangers board, opens a few doors to more opportunities to make more money for yourself. Yes they have made some much needed improvements to Ibrox and built EH which will be another income stream but mainly coming from cash strapped fans.

We need serious investment from wherever as long as it doesn't have any crazy strings attached.