Kevin Clancy

RFC55

4 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The headline story in the msm, social media and printed press is now the emails and threats. The Clancy decision is barely acknowledged.

The SFA has played its deflection card, the usual placemen have been vocal against us, and our Board have been as weak as ever.

We're fucked even when we're wronged.

For the SFA to state that it was the correct decision is disgusting.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They were never going to side with us over a ref, var and the scum.

Most they should have been saying was the decision was taken by the officials, right or wrong.  Not saying it was correct when it clearly wasn’t.  Disgrace mate.

7 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Rinse and repeat. 

We couldn't even muster a legal challenge when we were wrongly demoted down the leagues (that may have had something to do with the charlatans running us at the time), but we continue to show weakness and bridge building, even when we are clearly being done up like a kipper. 

Same with the Hibs cup final. Hibs fans clearly instigating violence on the pitch, and somehow we come off worse. We don't follow through with our statements. 

Same with the whole 'missing vote' from Dundee. Again, fuck all done about it. We've let this mob from the east end get their claws into the upper echelons of our game. A celtic fan refereeing an old firm game. Ridiculous.

That's where we are, and our inaction as a club has brought us here, and we are getting treated exactly as our inaction has dictated we would. 

Change needs to happen both in the SFA and in our club. Shambles. 

It’s incredible that our board have sat back and allowed all of this. 

12 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Most they should have been saying was the decision was taken by the officials, right or wrong.  Not saying it was correct when it clearly wasn’t.  Disgrace mate.

As much as I don't trust Clancy, I think it was one of those ones where there wasn't enough in it either way for VAR to suggest there was an error.

If the ref gives the foul there's just about enough in it that VAR can't say that's a clear and obvious error and if he gives the goal then there's not enough in it for VAR to say I think that might be a foul, so you're just at the mercy of the on field ref's decision.

Think it was a bit like Morelos goal in the cup final, another ref would've gave a foul against him and VAR wouldn't have overturned it but Walsh didn't think there was enough in it for a foul and VAR couldn't disagree.

That being said, I'm all for putting as much pressure on the SFA as possible with this semi final coming up.

14 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

As much as I don't trust Clancy, I think it was one of those ones where there wasn't enough in it either way for VAR to suggest there was an error.

If the ref gives the foul there's just about enough in it that VAR can't say that's a clear and obvious error and if he gives the goal then there's not enough in it for VAR to say I think that might be a foul, so you're just at the mercy of the on field ref's decision.

Think it was a bit like Morelos goal in the cup final, another ref would've gave a foul against him and VAR wouldn't have overturned it but Walsh didn't think there was enough in it for a foul and VAR couldn't disagree.

That being said, I'm all for putting as much pressure on the SFA as possible with this semi final coming up.

I agree with your summary except for one addition, VAR should have looked at the overall sequence from the corner being taken. If they couldn't overturn Clancy's decision they could have intervened by asking him to look to see if he felt Rangers should have had a penalty before the supposed Morelis push. As that offence occurred first the least that should have happened is a penalty awarded. 

5 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I agree with your summary except for one addition, VAR should have looked at the overall sequence from the corner being taken. If they couldn't overturn Clancy's decision they could have intervened by asking him to look to see if he felt Rangers should have had a penalty before the supposed Morelis push. As that offence occurred first the least that should have happened is a penalty awarded. 

I'm no sure to be honest, it just looked like both of them grappling, I do think VAR should've intervened in the second half though when Morelos header hit Jack, Johnston was pulling the jersey off him, that was definite foul for me.

Just now, NixonRFC said:

I'm no sure to be honest, it just looked like both of them grappling, I do think VAR should've intervened in the second half though when Morelos header hit Jack, Johnston was pulling the jersey off him, that was definite foul for me.

I think it’s this which was a pen 

612218A8-6C48-4A55-9013-E1C5F86E86E1.jpeg

Clancy and VAR are either corrupt or incompetent. A few teams have been shafted by it this season. I want them brought to task but threats to him and his kids isnt the way to go about it. Going to the effort of getting his mobile phone number/email and sending things is scum behaviour and we dont need those fans amongst our support 

On 12/04/2023 at 08:01, NixonRFC said:

Problem is most decisions now by var are not clear and obvious errors - they make it up as they go along.  Var should have said to the ref to have a look and also Jack being held should have been looked at as a possible penalty as was totally missed by the ref (or was it?)

• 7 months later...
Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

I honestly don't think the ref's in this country are biased, they are simply just horrendous, except this bastard, it's so fucking obvious it's embarrassing. 

A think it's one of the few countries in the world were there's a massive chance of bias. 

High chance the ref is either them or us that's refereeing. And if you are them or us, unless you're a model pro then of course you're going to give decisions for/ against. 

He'll be getting a wee unlucky ye tried yer best off his priest then morra

Just now, born a blue nose said:

A think it's one of the few countries in the world were there's a massive chance of bias. 

High chance the ref is either them or us that's refereeing. And if you are them or us, unless you're a model pro then of course you're going to give decisions for/ against. 

He'll be getting a wee unlucky ye tried yer best off his priest then morra

Exactly why we should have foreign refs. 

7 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I honestly don't think the ref's in this country are biased, they are simply just horrendous, except this bastard, it's so fucking obvious it's embarrassing. 

This is the way I see it. Clancy is a horrible bastard.

only other issue I have is sometimes the refs that are meant to support us give ridiculous decisions against us trying to look impartial.

13 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I've said the same for the past few years. The rest are utter shite, but he's an out and out fucking cheat!