Lammers

46 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Anybody with any knowledge of what we are about as a club should have known that a flakey player like Lammers was never going to make it.

Beale should have known it too, but with each passing day he’s somehow looking like he was even more clueless than we thought he was.

I was warned about him from a source in Italy that he would flop.

1 hour ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Anybody with any knowledge of what we are about as a club should have known that a flakey player like Lammers was never going to make it.

Beale should have known it too, but with each passing day he’s somehow looking like he was even more clueless than we thought he was.

looked him in the eye allegedly and knew he had the mentality and drive to play for us:confused:

The infuriating thing is he does sometimes have nice control, and plays quick accurate passes. Other times he loses possession easily though.

And whenever he shoots it feels like there is a force field pushing the ball away from the goal.

I think he was signed to play in a Tillman type role. If I squint I can almost understand it. I want to say he just isn’t suited to Scottish football, but he hasn’t exactly lit up our European matches either. He is a confidence player perhaps, but we seem to have too many of those. 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

The infuriating thing is he does sometimes have nice control, and plays quick accurate passes. Other times he loses possession easily though.

And whenever he shoots it feels like there is a force field pushing the ball away from the goal.

I think he was signed to play in a Tillman type role. If I squint I can almost understand it. I want to say he just isn’t suited to Scottish football, but he hasn’t exactly lit up our European matches either. He is a confidence player perhaps, but we seem to have too many of those. 

Agree, sometimes he does something, wee bit of close control n u think mibi there is a player in there, but unfortunately there is not

We've signed some amount of shit in our time but to blow £7m or so on a more laughable double act than Morcambe and Wise, when our budget is at a premium is just negligence.  Beale has really fckd us over as no way is any other club touching Lammers or Dessers with a big stinky barge pole.

They are just shit pure and simple and need dropped as soon as possible.

24 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Was on the bench I'm sure.

15 minutes ago, toolongawake said:

Was an unused sub yesterday.

Ah cheers, couldn't catch the game live yesterday

Hopefully he's almost fit enough to take Lammers out the team

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

Ah cheers, couldn't catch the game live yesterday

Hopefully he's almost fit enough to take Lammers out the team

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dowell is only fit for a couple of weeks and then he gets injured again. Another injury prone player who we signed on the the premise of “if we can get them back to their best, we’ll have a player on our hands”.

19 hours ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

Agree, sometimes he does something, wee bit of close control n u think mibi there is a player in there, but unfortunately there is not

That's what I was getting at in my earlier post in this thread. It seems like someone looked at him and thought there's potential there not taking into account that he's a pretty senior player and has never used that potential at any point in his career 

6 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Apparently played 15 games for Holland under 21s must of been decent at one point

look at this list mate on our under 21's - means fck all at times.  Half the time any decent player under 21 (say 19, 20 or so) will actually be in the senior squad.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/scotland-squads/mens-under-21s/under-21-squad/

18 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dowell is only fit for a couple of weeks and then he gets injured again. Another injury prone player who we signed on the the premise of “if we can get them back to their best, we’ll have a player on our hands”.

Dowell for me would be perfect in a 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2 etc playing on the left hand side of midfield as can attack and defend as well as play a bit and not afraid to get stuck in.