Todd Cantwell

4 hours ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

If our players were anywhere near as good on the pitch as they are mouthing off on social media and in press conferences, we’d be some team.

Thankfully most of them will be gone in the summer, and we’ll no longer have to hear them spout shite and consistently fail to back it up.

As for Cantwell, no wonder Beale loved him, he’s the perfect representation of him as a player - all fur coat and no knickers.

Keep your wet dreams to yourself.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Silva stretching Johnston’s hammy when he went down with cramp tells you everything you need to know about the group.

The filth treat us with contempt, and we want to be their wee pals. 

It really is fucking mind boggling. 

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Silva stretching Johnston’s hammy when he went down with cramp tells you everything you need to know about the group.

The filth treat us with contempt, and we want to be their wee pals. 

It’s a foreign player thing tbf. Kyogo tries to help our players up when they go down aswell 

51 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Don’t really care what any player ideas regarding social media, different times. As long as they perform. That’s the bigger issue for me just not showing it enough. 

Similar to me, it’s another facet of modern football which is a bit cringe, like the hand made sign requesting a players top.

His overall contribution is not at the level it should be but there are other players in the attacking positions I would be happier to see leave prior to Cantwell but think it’s irrelevant as it looks like he and PC are not on the same page.

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

Would much prefer if footballers in general just kept their socials private, but the reaction to this is a bit over the top. 

I don't think it is . It's the fans reminding players that standards have slipped , particularly in the last few weeks where it has gifted them another title. The squad right now has nothing to be boastful about with Saturday being their major chance of some minor redemption and restore a bit of pride 

It's similar to Antony down at man united to be honest who as a neutral looking in on that when you see his antics and cringey behaviour it just serves as a reminder to how far Man U's standards have slipped in last decade 

If a kid playing decent level schools football posted that pish he’d be singled out & slagged by opposition.  

There must be players in that dressing room who’d like to smash that fannys phone to bits and as mentioned earlier there’s no way that’s a health dressing room.  

11 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Days before our last chance in the league he was on Instagram posting cryptic messages. Any time he has found himself up against it or out the team he resorts to this pish. Didn’t see a single minute that day

His behaviour v Hearts was cringeworthy and yet another in a long line of pathetic random actions on a football pitch then since that day he has been on Instagram trying to give it loud when we dropped more points and finished 8 points behind them and have another huge game at the end of this week

to me it’s a symptom of a poor dressing room environment that any of this is tolerated 

I’d prefer he didn’t post either but “spiralling out of control”? 

Mental overreaction.

4 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Imagine if things had worked another way and we ended up with Rino as boss while Todd was here?

Think he square goes him at Auchenhowie tbh 😂

We need about 7 or 8 of these type of players at the club. Every single team in the SPL and their fans despise us so we need for 90 minutes at least despise them more. The players and people at the club need to realise this. 

Social media is sadly a massive part of the game now. A lot of players are verging on influencer territory with the amount of  podcasts/YouTube channels they appear on and sponsorship deals they get for posting on instagram etc.

It’s all part of building their brand. 

It’s not going anywhere… and I’m sure clubs are doing their best to educate players, but some players are just thick as fuck. 

7 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Would much prefer if footballers in general just kept their socials private, but the reaction to this is a bit over the top. 

I don’t think it is tbh! I think it just sums up the mentality that is rife within our squad. He’ll shuffle back down south soon enough where he can post this pish until his hearts content.