***** The Official Hibernian v Rangers Scottish Cup Quarter Final Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

I felt the build up of the game was pure arrogance from Hibs and the boss touched on it also pre match. 

Hibs wanted to hurt us and get in our faces and couldn't handle it when we where staying calm and composed. The ref seen exactly what they where doing and punished them accordingly.

The tears tonight have been great and enjoy these moments because they know we have a good manager steering us in the right direction. I am a big believer in jinxing myself so always try and keep level headed and I have been slaughtered for it on here it's just my personality and life experience has taught me to never get carried away.

But Clement is special and I feel very hopeful for the future under the boss.

Where was this arrogance coming from BTW. Motherwell aside we've been outstanding 

12 minutes ago, Almacger said:

Looking at our penalty again, if Lundstrum didn’t follow up and score, would there have been a case for a penalty retake?  Marshall looks to be off his line when Tav makes contact with the ball.

Well supposedly people where waiting on VAR to look at it but they where to busy celebrating to check it 

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

Where was this arrogance coming from BTW. Motherwell aside we've been outstanding 

Clement was talking pre match about how Hibs have felt hard done by in previous fixtures against us, Even though they have not scored a goal past us this season. I am not sure if clements been told or its came from the Hibs presser but I seen some Hibs fans on twitter before the game overly confident. And the way Hibs came out second half shows the anger that they where not getting what they wanted.

16 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Clement was talking pre match about how Hibs have felt hard done by in previous fixtures against us, Even though they have not scored a goal past us this season. I am not sure if clements been told or its came from the Hibs presser but I seen some Hibs fans on twitter before the game overly confident. And the way Hibs came out second half shows the anger that they where not getting what they wanted.

It was perfectly reasonable to believe that this was an opportunity to cause a shock, given our fixture list and injury situation. That didn't mean that they were in any way favourites for the tie.  I think they may have persuaded themselves that they were 

Drink their tears ppl

From the Rangers 9 in a row era we haven't had much 'support' from any media outlet, only recently you can say the likes of Boyd and McCoist Souness (to a degree) have had our corner.

Having Stewart commentating and the lurgan bigot pitchside for a Rangers game are only there to get talking points, the fact that Stewart talks the most shite ive ever heard on any media platform just fuels the fire, tbh Lennon told it how it was along with Hutton and made Stewart look like the Muppet he is.  

I actually enjoy the disappointment in the BBC commentary (radio) when Rangers score. 

Fuck em 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Best a Rangers away end has sounded through the telly in a long time 

Nice wee fire lit here and loving the singsong in my armchair 

For some reason I thought you'd set fire to your rug for a minute 😂

3 hours ago, JWAC said:

Quite funny reading hibs.net crying about the scary songs and why Hibs should ban us and the scum or they should boycott the games considering they have new investment coming.

A couple of replies saying Hibs rely on the income, ignored. Another saying the majority of posts are from people who weren't at the game and supporters already boycott the games, ignored. No mention of their support or the planned printing of disgusting stickers at the last game. Back in your sad boxes

image.thumb.png.3c0f2f9b3aa96d6ce8bab48401654cac.png

Quite sure the bad words will not have hurt as much as the multi bladed knife thrown at Lawrence Shankland would have,if it had hit him. :whistle:

This latest Rangers var / penalty furore is simply because we're becoming successful and almost the full country hates us. It's a mix of fear and rage at whats happening.

None of it is about fairness and parity in officiating, its about Rangers not getting awarded big decisions even when correct. Stats on nos of penalties, red cards, fouls, fouls per yellow etc dont matter a fuck, just that we get awarded things is too much for many.

The fact there's an OF game looming and Rodgers is likely to be in the stands makes it the perfect storm. If we can keep winning theyll fucking implode.

5 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Quite sure the bad words will not have hurt as much as the multi bladed knife thrown at Lawrence Shankland would have,if it had hit him. :whistle:

Controversial opinion here but in all this maelstrom of sinister propaganda to make all things Rangers negative. I would prefer if we found a wee bit of moral high ground and avoid singing celebratory songs at a seriously injured player.  

22 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Controversial opinion here but in all this maelstrom of sinister propaganda to make all things Rangers negative. I would prefer if we found a wee bit of moral high ground and avoid singing celebratory songs at a seriously injured player.  

Do you know Martin boyles membership number of the fenian brotherhood? 

20 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

Not sure what was controversial about comparing a knife to words.
The moral high ground will never work....ask Ian Durrant,Davie Cooper and the list goes on.

3 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Not sure what was controversial about comparing a knife to words.
The moral high ground will never work....ask Ian Durrant,Davie Cooper and the list goes on.

I meant mine was the controversial opinion,.. not yours...Hibs were at it again last night with a vape being flung onto the pitch.... throwing knives and vapes etc is clearly worse than hurty words... just would prefer we didn't hurl abuse at someone that was clearly seriously injured.... 

The Durrant, Cooper, Ibrox disaster stuff is abhorrent and I want us to be well well above that...

24 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

They've celebrated "lizzie in a box", attacked our players, rampaged at Hampden, flung bottles at our players and recently a corkscrew at Shankland. Their players for years have tried to seriously hurt ours.

Forgive me for not giving a fuck about them or their players. No moral high ground needed.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They've celebrated "lizzie in a box", attacked our players, rampaged at Hampden, flung bottles at our players and recently a corkscrew at Shankland. Their players for years have tried to seriously hurt ours.

Forgive me for not giving a fuck about them or their players. No moral high ground needed.

All of which is knuckle dragger behaviour... their fans are junky pricks.... as a club they are pretty unlikeable too... none of which means that we need to lower ourselves to that.... I remember having these discussions years ago on here... we set the standards... 

Maybe a bit dramatic, but Martin Boyle could have died last night, its not unprecedented.... just doesnt sit well with me that we are singing die you soap dodgers bastard as he is being stretchered off.... 

5 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

Everyone seems to have forgotten about the ref carrying something (may have been a knife) over to the 4th official in the second half when we were defending a corner. Sure it was aimed at Butland

3 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

All of which is knuckle dragger behaviour... their fans are junky pricks.... as a club they are pretty unlikeable too... none of which means that we need to lower ourselves to that.... I remember having these discussions years ago on here... we set the standards... 

Maybe a bit dramatic, but Martin Boyle could have died last night, its not unprecedented.... just doesnt sit well with me that we are singing die you soap dodgers bastard as he is being stretchered off.... 

Agree mate. We as a fanbase should be an example of good morals, as we have always been throughout history

Thoughts and prayers with Martin Boyle