them

MisterC

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

He has been convicted of DD before? Fs! How does an 18yr old get his license back so quickly?

His promising career is over but the sympathy lies with the deceased. A tragic story to say the least.

That's if he ever got it back?

1 hour ago, BlueVanguard said:

If they find the car he drove in though evidence will be all over it. driving seat and the outside of the car etc. He is pretty much fucked. even his clothes fibres from the driving seat will be on clothing and same way with the seat of the car. The police will find everything to nail the bastard down hopefully.

A young dad as well with a future ahead of him i could shed tears even thinking about it. Sad sad days.

You are absolutely right about what the polis will do but getting him on drink driving, that will be harder to prove, if they can prove that he was drunk then it's basically murder imo, and obviously that kind of charge will carry a higher punishment.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

You are absolutely right about what the polis will do but getting him on drink driving, that will be harder to prove, if they can prove that he was drunk then it's basically murder imo, and obviously that kind of charge will carry a higher punishment.

To prove murder, you need to show intent. He didn't intend to kill him. Possibly manslaughter.

10 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

They passed us to death in the first half of the game the other week. But most of those passes were deep inside their own half between central defenders! Amazing what you can dress up with stats. 

Exactly,loads of  possession in youre own half means nothing. Absolutely useless unless youre protecting a lead.

32 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Hopefully the drink spilled in the car to catch him mate but you are right it would be very difficult to fucking prove that. Very tragic

50 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

To prove murder, you need to show intent. He didn't intend to kill him. Possibly manslaughter.

Not in Scotland.

Causing death by dangerous driving, or causing death by careless driving whilst under the influence I would guess, if either could be proven

For a common law charge such as Culpable Homicide ( the Scottish equivalent of Manslaughter) there is a recklessness threshold which may possibly  be met - again depending on the evidence available- but I think the fiscal would opt for the statutory offence given the sentencing  guidelines.

With regards to alcohol - very much depends on when he was arrested. It is possible to ‘count back’ from the point of arrest to the time of driving. Drugs stay in the system even longer.

I caveat this by saying I am no expert and this is of course all speculation.

2 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Nothing to do with who he plays for, he is a cunt! Only a cunt would leave someone dying instead of trying to help/get help. Absolute tragedy for the boy's loved ones, no sympathy for the driver cunt though.

Yeah guess so clearly he panicked, not excusing it in any way. If he was on drink/drugs he will be going to jail for a long time.