*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

Defence was shakey all night, think the nerves got to them a bit, especially after the 1st goal

Lundstrum/Arfield, very very poor, hopefully Lundstrum gets better with more game time. Arfield I think he's ran his course as a starter 

Kent/Wright, felt both tried all night but nothing really came off for them, happens with wingers.

Itten - He's not Rangers class, he's a sub at best but would rather we got rid & moved on. 

Need Aribo/Morelos back & Borna/Helander up to speed before next week, hope tonight was a kick up the arse 

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

How?

We dont get a huge amount of extra money from winning this tie if we fall in the play-off.

We are guaranteed Europa Conference, should we fail to win this tie and also fail to win the Europa play off.

Europa Conference and Europa League offer just about the same money.

We do, we get €5m if we get thru to playoff and get knocked out. We also qualify automatically for the EL group stages. Worth €10m circa.

It's a huge tie this.

1 minute ago, BigBearButt said:

You would play lundstram after that performance. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say its a fitness thing but he was woeful tonight. I dont think he found a black shirt all night. 

Think it’s more that you have to get Arfield out. Couldn’t even kick the ball half the time 

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Bollocks, we were consistently poor against a team who are orders of magnitude poorer than some of the teams we beat last season.  We are lucky to get away with a one goal defect.  If they had been half decent they could have taken us apart tonight.

Not sure you know how football works pal.

Just now, Lovenkrands72 said:

I completely agree that no one really played well tonight mate but I thought Wright was one of the better ones. 

He didn’t do anything wrong and there were worse players out there than him but he also didn’t create anything which is what you need from a winger.

It was just a diabolical performance all round as it’s been said already our worst European performance under Gerrard by a country mile.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

Some wild takes in here tonight.

Half of our side was unfit. The other half who would have replaced them were injured/suspended. 

It was a poor performance with silly lapses of concentration defensively but let's not jump to conclusions or blow the heid just yet.

Back to Ibrox, full house and get behind the team! 

Exactly.

Pretty sure that mob is half way through the season also.

We have just came off the back of Pre-Season and played 1 fucking league game and people are throwing the toys out the pram.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I still think Barisic, Helander, Lundstram should have started at the weekend. Well off the pace, needed minutes imho.

I agree.

I also think Itten should have started too if he was due to start tonight. 

I suppose we just have to trust the Management that these players weren't ready for quick succession games. 

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Itten should never start ,sub only

lundstrom : I don’t know what attributes this guy has, slow as fk, continually gives it away

kent tried hard but not on it

tav at second goal🤢

Helander at times slow

team looked totally fucked

missing aribo kamara and Alfredo massively

on to next week😀

Helander did fuck all wrong. Itten had no support, but slow in giving the ball to others when possible. Lundstrom was missing Kamara big time. Kent had a really bad day at the office but he tried. Tav was all over the shop and couldnt cross the road. Missing our big players big time.

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

I think people forget these players played elsewhere tbh.

Spot on, can’t have an opinion on a player prior to them signing apparently :lol:

If we go and sign Curtis Main tomorrow we should give him a few games before we decide whether he’s shite as well 

Ill finish my input for the night by saying there was fuck all in this game and we played at our worst. If we turn up at ibrox we win and we win comfortably. 

Not a great result tonight but its in our hands still. Have a good night lads 

Malmø played as a team.. they fought like hell. Very much like we did in Europe for the past three seasons.. It means we beat some teams that we "shouldnt have". People can play down Malmø all they want, but they are not a bad TEAM. They might lack individual superstars, but they are a very good TEAM. We need to take them very seriously next week. Early goal and its even. 

Just now, DiamondDan said:

The goal gives a lifeline but overall it was a shambolic performance. Doesn't bode well that the minute they're stuck in front of a crowd again and subject to any pressure they crumble.

For all the talk of strength and depth there was none on the bench and the front 3 were toothless.

Scott Wright is decent enough when Rangers are steamrolling shite in Scotland but will never be a player at that level.

Itten is hopeless. Seen nothing to suggest Sakala will do anything either.

The difference in that side when Morellos is missing is staggering.

I will tell you another thing, anyone that thinks the league is a formality is dreaming as well. Its amazing how quickly a bit of success has went to people's heads and they now believe we only need to show up this season for a clean sweep. This is the same team thats bottled it repeatedly in cups, that mental fragility doesn't disappear because of 1 league win.

Exactly a shambolic performance but firmly in the tie.

That goal has changed my mood immensely. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Don't think we will play as poorly all season tbh mate. Very disappointed in our performance. Unlike us.

Hopefully a one off under difficult circumstances being the reason. 

If we make it through to the CL your Kent post will not be forgotten you fraud.

Lots of people are putting a lot of stock in Alfie for next week. He hasn’t played in weeks, and hasn’t completed a 90mins in months. 

It’s a BIG ask to think he’s going to be at his fittest, sharpest and rampaging best. Can’t see it.

The red cards from Slavia are haunting us. Really miss Kamara’s tactical nous and Roofe’s movement/instincts