*****Official Rangers v Sparta Match Thread*****

22 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'm not getting carried away but Barca and the like are a great draw for a lot of teams. Still a massive team obviously but they're certainly not to be feared the way they once were.

I watched them against Benfica.. They are definitely a team to be feared.. they are very good - dont be fooled. Xavi will get them playing.

Just now, johanvanhentze said:

I watched them against Benfica.. They are definitely a team to be feared.. they are very good - dont be fooled.

They would be massive favourites. It would be incredibly difficult. However, we are probably as close to Barca as we have been in decades. Again, it would be unbelievably difficult but the gulf in quality throughout Europe has narrowed pretty significantly. 

I actually think Barca, if they are able to keep the core of Fati, Pedri, Nico, Gavi, Demir etc in time they could come back. However, they are miles off the Barca of the past 10/20 years.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

They would be massive favourites. It would be incredibly difficult. However, we are probably as close to Barca as we have been in decades. Again, it would be unbelievably difficult but the gulf in quality throughout Europe has narrowed pretty significantly. 

I actually think Barca, if they are able to keep the core of Fati, Pedri, Nico, Gavi, Demir etc in time they could come back. However, they are miles off the Barca of the past 10/20 years.

Mate we got pumped off Hibs a few days ago :lol: tonight was good but c'mon you're smarter than this

1 minute ago, Johnsey said:

How does this next knockout round work in terms of who we play? I know it's 8 runners up and 8 3rd places from champs league but is it just 8 seeded and 8 unseeded from that or open draw? 

We play a champions league 3rd place team

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

You're getting very very carried away with that one mate @Laudrup1984 :lol: 

Haha! Surprises are happening all the more often in European and International football these days. Teams like Barca, Juve, Man U, etc whilst glamorous in name, are not quite the teams they once were. Clearly still to be feared though.

Would clearly prefer Sheriff though :lol:

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

One of these then going by the BBC, no Barca?

RB Leipzig

AC Milan

Borussia Dortmund

Sheriff Tiraspol

Benfica

Atalanta

Sevilla

Zenit

That's as it stands, could change on CL matchday 6.

Of them teams at present, the thought of Halaand against our defence is worrying LOL

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Haha! Surprises are happening all the more often in European and International football these days. Teams like Barca, Juve, Man U, etc whilst glamorous in name, are not quite the teams they once were. Clearly still to be feared though.

Would clearly prefer Sheriff though :lol:

Sheriff would most likely be a banana skin, travelling apart I would take zenit in truth

10 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Just because we are as close as we have been in decades, doesnt mean that we are close at all.

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

One of these then going by the BBC, no Barca?

RB Leipzig

AC Milan

Borussia Dortmund

Sheriff Tiraspol

Benfica

Atalanta

Sevilla

Zenit

Barca are away to Bayern in the last game so could be tough for them, as Benfica will most likely win their last game.