Jimmy Bell

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I find it heartbreaking that he was clearly a major factor in players learning what the club was all about and that’s gone 

That's all I've thought about aswell tbf, bit selfish on a day like today I know but JB was in with the bricks and we won't have anyone with that calibre again.

Absolutely gutting news. The man was the fabric of the club and let every player to walk through the door know what it meant to be a Ranger. 

He will be sadly missed and the best tribute that the players can pay to him is to win the Europa League and Scottish Cup. 

Let’s do it. 

RIP Jimmy. Legend 

8 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

That's all I've thought about aswell tbf, bit selfish on a day like today I know but JB was in with the bricks and we won't have anyone with that calibre again.

I don’t think it is selfish mate, it’s certainly not meant in a selfish way. Jimmy was that much a part of the club I think a really great part of it has passed with him 

Not trying to be over dramatic here, but this has got to me more than Walter. I think it's the suddenness of it all. 

Just need to look at the amount of ex players and managers posting tributes to see what a special man he was. Had the chance to say hi to him one day while he was out shopping. Felt wrong and didn't want to interrupt his time with the family, but by fuck I now wish I'd asked to shake his hand! 

RIP JB. Sadly missed, never forgotten.

39 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

My sentiments also Bud ..... another true Rangers legend that history will remember fondly ..... sad news indeed.

🇬🇧

It was just so sudden and unexpected as far as I know, best for him but hellish for his family and friends and of course everyone who was working with him every day.

8 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Not trying to be over dramatic here, but this has got to me more than Walter. I think it's the suddenness of it all. 

Just need to look at the amount of ex players and managers posting tributes to see what a special man he was. Had the chance to say hi to him one day while he was out shopping. Felt wrong and didn't want to interrupt his time with the family, but by fuck I now wish I'd asked to shake his hand! 

RIP JB. Sadly missed, never forgotten.

Exactly the same mate. 

29 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Exactly the same mate. 

Felt like someone had punched me hard in the stomach when I heard....still feel it now. 

11 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The suddenness has certainly played a big part IMO, as you say we knew Walter was dying, when I saw the thread this morning I assumed it was to say he was retiring at the end of the season, I was not sure what age he was at that point but thought he would be past normal retirement age.

To then read he had passed away was just hellish and I could not believe it, he seemed fine seeing him on TV on Sunday, but obviously it has been a sudden passing.

He was a one off and cannot be replaced. :sad:

I found out via twitter. Just a tiny pop up and all I could see was "Rangers are today devastated to...." 

Telling us that Jimmy had passed was THE last thing I expected to read. 

Can you imagine the laughs he and Walter are having up there just now??