Jimmy Bell

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Do you really want to spoil a thread talking about a guy who basically was the club personified by talking about them?

Was just pointing out a strength of his character which I haven’t really appreciated till actually sitting and thinking about it today  

Just another part of the professionalism he seemed to consist of at all times 

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s maybe not the appropriate time to say this, and it’s maybe because I’m experiencing heightened emotions after the news today, but I genuinely love Michael Beale. Always comes across as so sincere and genuine in his love for the club and you can see how it grabbed him. It was unfortunate that he had to move on for his career but if he does break out on his own, which he’s spoken about having aspirations of doing, I’ll be keeping an eye on for the results of whatever club he’s managing in the hope that he does well enough to carve a path for himself that leads back to the big job here.

Plenty of time for Mick. Always welcome back.

He got to do what he loved and seeing the videos of our successes over the last 40 odd years you see that in all of them. In a sense Jimmy Bell represented the fans - its like me was him and a part of it if that makes sense. In a sport full of people who think they are important Jimmy was the ordinary guy being part of it - and loving it. 

So sad. Take care Jimmy. Rest easy.