James Tavernier

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

The absolutely mental thing is, in what way is it a nightmare for them?

If we won the league and they made the Europa final I couldn’t give a fuck.

I would absolutely fucking hate them getting anywhere near a euro final.

Getting to a Euro final is far bigger than winning a Scottish Title imo. 2008 I can remember like it was yesterday, we have won so many titles (and they are fantastic to win) but compared the rarity of a Euro final, they are fairly common for us in this league.

Winning a euro title is an even bigger jump.

As much as it is all about what your team does, if we won a league title and they won a euro title, I would be fucking raging.

Like many older bears, I consider Sandy Jardine to be the standard by which all Rangers full backs are measured.

Over the years we’ve had good service from guys like Ricksen, Papac, Stevens, Munro, Porrini, Numan and Hutton but none have come anywhere near Jardine.

It would have been great to see Jardine at his peak playing in this current Rangers team, he’d have loved the freedom that Tavernier enjoys.

Having said all that, Tavernier is getting very close to Jardine’s benchmark and, if he can match Sandy’s European winner’s medal, they will share the pedestal in my view.

:UK:

I never openly criticised him but there were plenty of times I didn’t see him as captain material at all and I was far from the only one.
When things weren’t going well he looked and sounded like he was devoid of confidence, not the characteristics you’d want to see in a captain.
Over the last couple of seasons we’ve seen another side to his character and lately he’s looked every part the captain of of our club

If we win next week he’ll certainly go down as one of the greatest captains in our illustrious history.

16 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

The absolutely mental thing is, in what way is it a nightmare for them?

If we won the league and they made the Europa final I couldn’t give a fuck.

You can say that now because they didn't actually win it 20 years ago. When they were in that final I was dreading the prospect of them winning it. Celebrated their defeat like a Rangers win. 

11 minutes ago, J_RFC87 said:

The below is the Rangers team grinding out a league 1-0 win over Dumbarton, shows how far this legend has come.

Foderingham

Tavernier
Kiernan
Wilson
Wallace

Forrester

Halliday

Holt
King
Miller

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35912680

God, remembering the days of people wanking over Harry Forrester like he was a player 😱

• 3 months later...