***** Official Rangers Transfer Activity Summer 2022 *****

18 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Heard McGregor's deal will be very different from his last one. 

Big wage reduction and he's happy to help out with coaching, whether that means GVB will drop him to number 2 or not isn't a guarantee, he is clearly a big fan of him.

I hope you are right with that info, I love Allan McG, but I feel he should no longer be number 1.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not sure why Mcgregor would want to sign on to be the number 2 keeper.

Imo if he signs again then he’ll be number 1 keeper next year.

Probably still loves the game and the thought of another year of eye watering money for mortals is quite appealing.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I think he knows he needs to transition towards coaching.

But, to stress I haven't heard he's been made Number 2, I've just heard it's on reduced terms and with coaching being involved.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think he knows he needs to transition towards coaching.

But, to stress I haven't heard he's been made Number 2, I've just heard it's on reduced terms and with coaching being involved.

The career that he’s had i just can’t see him signing to sit on the bench and play maybe the cup games.

If that’s the case he’d be best retiring.

26 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Big wage reduction and he's happy to help out with coaching, whether that means GVB will drop him to number 2 or not isn't a guarantee, he is clearly a big fan of him.

Hopefully we sign someone to compete with McLaughlin to be number one next season.  McCrorie goes out on loan and McGregor becomes third choice back up and coach.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

My guess is he just does not want to leave, he said last season he just loves everyday going into training and being with all the players, I think he is putting off retiring for as long as he can.  

As much as I like Allan I do not want him as Num1 next season and hope Gio thinks the same.

15 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

Need two keeper coaches then.

Him showing shot stopping and the other one showing how to command box and deal with crosses.

And I'm not joking 😟

17 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I googled Andy Firth to find out how many times we actually seen him and in doing so found my favourite Google question ever :lol:

“What does Andy Firth do?” 

3E59F34C-E580-460F-AAB0-7C931FC5271B.jpeg

Last game I was at he was the goalie for shooting practice, everything flew past him.

On 03/06/2022 at 19:59, STEPPS BOY said:

The career that he’s had i just can’t see him signing to sit on the bench and play maybe the cup games.

If that’s the case he’d be best retiring.

Footballers are a long time retired, if he isn't ready to do that yet, I'm sure he'd rather be no2 here than no 1 at St Mirren or the likes.

On 03/06/2022 at 09:02, The Godfather said:

He's a lying worm.

If we can only sign one player given the money we have made last season we must be one of the worst run clubs about.

Its beyond worrying now and makes the extensions of Davis and Arfield now seem necessity. 

If we don't sell at least another 2 big players for big money it's going to be grim.

Both us and the tims need to sell players for decent fees before we can buy replacements.  Only CL group stage money makes a difference to that.

On 03/06/2022 at 09:00, STEPPS BOY said:

Aribo, Kent, Morelos need to be sold if not signing new deals.

Kamara and Hagi should be sold if a decent bid comes in for them.

Agree with this but one proviso is Morelos is needed for European games in particular.  

41 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Both us and the tims need to sell players for decent fees before we can buy replacements.  Only CL group stage money makes a difference to that.

Patterson sale apparently covered our costs til the end of last season.

Robertson said our income from the EL run equated to CL group qualification, so there should be CL qualification type funds available for next season.