*****The Official Union Saint-Gilloise v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

Fully back Souttar to come good for us but he should be nowhere near tomorrow's match, far too important. 

If it's because of the funeral then thoughts will be with him and the family. Will be a rough time for him. 

Goldson and Sands at CB it is. Has Gio gave any timeframe on Davies yet?

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Sands at ch 😔

barasic at lb☹️

Normally I’d be pushing for Jack to partner Lundstram but, if we’re going with Sands beside Goldson (and I like Sands) and Barisic at left back, then it’s Kamara and Lundstram for me with Glen told to provide maximum cover down that side.

Cant see Matondo getting risked so it’ll be Lawrence, Tillman and Wright behind Colak imo.

17 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Can never trust someone with 2 first names.

Lawrence will shine on the left wing.

Edit: Was talking about Joshua Barrie having two first names. Tom Lawrence can obviously be trusted at left wing.

Bet you’ve never been more desperate for a player to score or play well then if Lawrence plays LW haha

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Well apart from Lawrence, who is actually an established left winger.

Yep also a player that can also be used elsewhere behind Colak.

Would much rather have him in that inside right role rather than Arfield who is a good impact play. Also Sakala or Wright on the right just get in the way of Tav.

Matondo is available but just unsure of his fitness coming of off injury in a huge game. If he's ready to go then Lawrence on the left is alright with me. 

I'm assuming Kamara will sit just ahead of Lundstram and Jack.

3 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Imagine trying to slag the guy that tore Dortmund apart for not having ability.

Ryan Kent (along with Alfie & Tav) has more natural ability than anyone else in our squad.

I didn’t say he didn’t have any ability did I? Just that he doesn’t show it anywhere near enough for a guy that cost us £7m. You see that he tried hard, with occasional flashes of what he can do. 

1 minute ago, SPWF said:

I didn’t say he didn’t have any ability did I? Just that he doesn’t show it anywhere near enough for a guy that cost us £7m. You see that he tried hard, with occasional flashes of what he can do. 

If he did he wouldn't still be with us.

He's more than made up for the fee paid for him given what we have achieved since he signed.

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

If he did he wouldn't still be with us.

He's more than made up for the fee paid for him given what we have achieved since he signed.

Funnily enough, there’s better Rangers players that actually show up a lot more, and one took us on his back for two seasons and carried us almost single handedly, they’ve both been at us for longer and still here

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Funnily enough, there’s better Rangers players that actually show up a lot more, and one took us on his back for two seasons and carried us almost single handedly, they’ve both been at us for longer and still here

I genuinely can't get my head around how we still have Tav.

Guy is fucking outstanding and has been for years. 

4 hours ago, Rangers Da 1872 said:

No Kent is a convenient excuse for those who love that kind of thing. I'd rather see it as a positive with a chance for one of the new boys to get an opportunity. I see the usual idiots are championing Wright for a start, preposterous suggestion. Wright shouldn't even have been allowed to travel if truth be told. Tillman and Sands both earned their start at weekend and with Borna being such a liability too, Yilmaz should make his debut from the start. Perhaps with non anti-Rangers officiating tmrw Colak may score a goal which will stand.

Buzzing for the game in any case against a side who drew with some very good sides pre season and pummelled Feyenoord 4-0 away from home too. They can clearly play and can clearly score goals so a good test awaits. 2 main concerns are Gios line up and his record in away European matches, bar one amazing night in Germany, it's very very poor. 

My team- McLaughlin Tav Goldson Sands Yilmaz Lundstram Jack Lawrence Matondo Tillman Colak 

What i think Gio will go with - McGregor Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic Jack Lundstram Kamara Lawrence Wright Colak

Time will tell. Mon the Apple and Pears:rangers:

Funny that with Gio’s away record being very very poor Rangers have never lost a two legged tie with him as manager. 

11 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I genuinely can't get my head around how we still have Tav.

Guy is fucking outstanding and has been for years. 

I think he loves us more than we love him and he’s happy with family life here in Scotland. 
I’m also 100% sure he’s absolutely committed to our club and sees this as more than a job.  

fantastic football player with a character to match. 
legend.