Barisic in talks over new deal

Quote from the Record. 

"I have a contract with Rangers for one more year. I have started negotiations with the club. I don't want to say anything because you never know in football. However, I have a great relationship with everyone at the club and we will find the best solution.
There's always speculation about my future. It reaches me - but little of it is true. I missed three games at the end of the season, I had a quadriceps injury, it wasn't terrible, but we didn't want to risk it. The last time I played it was for, about 25 minutes."

"I have a contract with Rangers for one more year. I have started negotiations with the club."

Negotiating early termination of the contract perhaps?

Jokes aside, I see no issue with keeping him as back up for Yilmaz

I wouldn’t actually mind Yilmaz as first choice and Barisic as back up, so long as we had an absolute unit of a CB alongside whoever plays to protect that area of the park. Having someone like Davies and Yilmaz/Barisic makes our physicality almost nonexistent on the left hand side of defence.