*****The Official Sparta Prague v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

Had to record it so just finished watching 

That’s ultimately a very good result, if you watch the first half on it’s own an absolute miracle that we’ve kept a clean sheet there. They’re a good side with a lot of threats and it was a noisy atmosphere. Watching the first half I thought it was too much too soon for Clement’. No way we would’ve got points in that game a couple of weeks ago so that’s a positive 

Did think we crawled into our shell and reverted to type a bit in the first half playing a lot of lateral nothing passes in possession probably just for a breather. We seemed to sort that out in the second half 

Thought the defence was really good, tough job tonight against their three attackers and largely done well. Souttar in particular I thought had a good game. Butland as always immense 

Midfield really poor first half, better second half. Thought Raskins decision making towards the end of the game when we were breaking was incredibly poor 

Cantwell done well, don’t think I’d have taken him off but can’t say how fit he is. Lammers just meh, better second half but pretty much anonymous first half 

Sima really good and ran himself into the ground helping out in defence 

Dessers, less said the better he’s trying hard running wise but it looks like he’s actively trying to be shit on the ball. Nobody that size should get brushed aside and sit on the floor complaining as much as he does 

Really not sure why Ben Davies is taking out swinging corners…….

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Strongly disagree. Threw himself in front of everything and made some great blocks.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Extremely harsh that 

Possibly right.

Although we could quite easily have been 3 or 4 down at half time. Thought they had a fair bit of joy down the right, and he didn’t look particularly clever in possession.

Right in saying he had a good few last ditch tackles. 

10 hours ago, Drumloyal said:

If that's your opinion then fair enough but I think they're a good team, certainly well above any spl team outwith us and the scum.

Posted straight after the match and was a bit wild with the comparison to Livingston,probably out of frustration.
We were actually unlucky we never grabbed all 3 points late in the match
Big Phil has a real challenge on his hands and we've knocked it off if he can get us sorted out mate.

11 hours ago, Bluekev said:

They haven’t dropped a single point at home in the league this season and average around 3 goals per game so I actually think us taking a point was half decent.

Saw your post as well mate and shoulda copied you in to the my last post above.
It really was a bit wild comparison at the time :thumbsup: 

Watched the Liverpool Toulouse game after - Toulouse spend £34m a year (I think we’re up around £60-£70m?) - some players played out of their skins despite the result, they looked to have much more quality about them than most of our first team squad, more commitment and desire to chase lost causes rsther than just pass the ball side to side. 

Just now, Blue72 said:

Watched the Liverpool Toulouse game after - Toulouse spend £34m a year (I think we’re up around £60-£70m?) - some players played out of their skins despite the result, they looked to have much more quality about them than most of our first team squad, more commitment and desire to chase lost causes rsther than just pass the ball side to side. 

:confused: