***** The Official Benfica v Rangers Europa League Round of 16 Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He did. I take a wee bit of hope from that. He was poor but it went can get his usual performance in the home leg we will be even more solid.

Missed Ryan Jack beside him. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

That Goldson header is absolutely fucking criminal when you watch it back. He really struggles in pressure moments I think. 

Hardly a pressure moment. Away from home in a game we were undergogs. 

Just now, Jamie0202 said:

The handball rule right now is an absolute shambles and has been for a couple of years. Nobody knows what is and what isn't a penalty anymore.

If they just stuck to arms out it’s a penalty I could understand it but tonight’s decisions were opposite reasoning. I’ve given up trying to get my head round it. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

That Goldson header is absolutely fucking criminal when you watch it back. He really struggles in pressure moments I think. 

Absolutely terrible defending. Pity he can’t do it at the other end when we get a corner 🤦‍♂️

Decent result considering we had so many players out injured.

Disappointed we didn't win it though. We were ahead twice and their goals came from a dubious penalty and an OG.

On the other hand both of our goals were belters and well deserved.

Very confident of beating them at Ibrox.

Thinking back to 2 seasons ago, IIRC, we took 2 ties back to Ibrox whilst behind on the tie and turned it around.  You could see towards the end, Benfica really going for it - as they know exactly what their in for next Thursday 🤛 

2 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Yilmaz was our best player. 

Also great shifts from Sterling, Lundstram, Diomande, Lawrence, Souttar, Super Jack and Silva. 

I said last year Yilmaz was way better than Borna even though he was making a lot of wayward passes. He was one of our best players tonight, he doesn't let many past him, much stronger in the tackle and better than Borna attacking

2 minutes ago, DavieCooper74 said:

We really dont fear anyone do we?

No we dont fear anyone your right...we play with no pressure. Its always been entertaining supporting us...not for the old ticker lol. Another fantastic result 👏 

1 minute ago, Toronto2Glasgow said:

2-2 with an OG and a pen … for all the possession and corners they had, they didn’t do much with it, thought we defended as a team really well. Lundstram looks an empty tank, as a few other as well. 

On to the next one. 

Lundstram was absolutely fucked at around 70 mins. Thought he was coming off but Dio seemed to be cramping up.

Would have taken that result before kick off, could have been a lot worse given we're down to the bare bones but were it not for Goldson's inexplicable cock up could have been a hell of a lot better. The ties still completely in the balance, both defences pretty ropey and they'll create chances at Ibrox. 

Hopefully Roofe will somehow stay fit as he showed straight away his game intelligence and awareness is far superior to Dessers and he could be the difference between a good season and a great one.

Special mention to Ridvan, thought he was immense and him, Sterling and Diomande are going to make us a fair wedge of money when they're eventually sold.