Manager Reaction

BridgeIsBlue

Quite right. It's been a way better start than most people would have thought possible. There will be bumps ,that always happens. The first goal we were unlucky with a couple of slips. What is needed to be done is practice on defending set pieces. Unlike the previous management teams I feel he will sort that. 

Let's be honest. Gerrard knows nothing about grinding out wins week after week to win you a league. He's only ever been part of a team that put together good cup runs. 

Played for the second biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world, for more or less 20 years and couldn't get it done. 

7 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

Quite right. It's been a way better start than most people would have thought possible. There will be bumps ,that always happens. The first goal we were unlucky with a couple of slips. What is needed to be done is practice on defending set pieces. Unlike the previous management teams I feel he will sort that. 

He won't sort it with Tavernier in the defence ,that's for sure.How many goals has this guy got to give away before somebody clicks that he will never be a defender as long as he has a hole in his arse

4 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

I hope when he analyses the game he realises that the formation wasn’t as good as he seems to think it was! 

I think he is going to want this formation as part of his arsenal. He wants to be able to play it, people have been saying that since he was revealed as manager. He will play different formations depending on the opposition and I think he sees 3-5-2 as a way to deal with players with a lot of ariel ability. 

We have been crying out for a manager that can change games and mix up tactics, so we need to expect that while he learns his trade their will be aberrations like today

He's right we need to learn from this and move on.  Unlike previous managers I can see him actually making sure the team learns from their mistakes.  It will be tough and he's got big decisions to make.  Tav can't defend, we need better quality in midfield if the first choice aren't available, there's no real backup defenders right now and Morelos needs a rest at some point because he can't keep play every game.  But I have faith that if I can see that with my limited football experience then Gerrard can see that and will make the right decisions to improve.

9 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

He won't sort it with Tavernier in the defence ,that's for sure.How many goals has this guy got to give away before somebody clicks that he will never be a defender as long as he has a hole in his arse

That's a bit harsh. I think Tav will come right, once he keeps his focus for the full 90 mins.

Motherwell are a big physical team who look to score from set-pieces.  Going in to this game we should've been prepared for that.  Motherwell were creating chances far too easily that second half they were crossing balls in to our box every few minutes so it's not like we were limiting their chances to set-pieces either.  It just wasn't good enough from us today.

35 minutes ago, Orange Persson said:

I think he brought Wallace on to taste victory, rather than defend a corner. He isn't going to say that though.

Didn't understand that one . Why change an organised defense , where everyone knows their part , at a corner at full time , with someone who is only just returning and learning the system we play to .

4 minutes ago, TMB said:

Motherwell are a big physical team who look to score from set-pieces.  Going in to this game we should've been prepared for that.  Motherwell were creating chances far too easily that second half they were crossing balls in to our box every few minutes so it's not like we were limiting their chances to set-pieces either.  It just wasn't good enough from us today.

Preparation is only part of it. I think SG will need to see the team play these teams at least once and then make the changes needed. He must have been unhappy with the refs decisions in the first half, Motherwell should have been down to 10 men after the manhandling of Mcgregor.  I have faith that SG will factor this in when we play them again.

I dread to think what will happen if the scum win today and beat us next week. 

Any news on our star midfielder yet? And Candeias should be in that team every week. We also need to replace Murphy (Jones from Killie?) And get another CB pronto if we are to win the league this year. 

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

I dread to think what will happen if the scum win today and beat us next week. 

Any news on our star midfielder yet? And Candeias should be in that team every week. We also need to replace Murphy (Jones from Killie?) And get another CB pronto if we are to win the league this year. 

Progres play in the Bundesliga and you are not a lawyer, now fuck off. 

45 minutes ago, gsa said:

Let's be honest. Gerrard knows nothing about grinding out wins week after week to win you a league. He's only ever been part of a team that put together good cup runs. 

Played for the second biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world, for more or less 20 years and couldn't get it done. 

Did ok in the Champions Leauge though.

53 minutes ago, gsa said:

During a period where realistically his team had no right to win it. 

United, Arsenal, Chelsea and latterly City were all miles ahead of Liverpool in terms of quality of player and spending power in general. 

2 hours ago, ronniemca said:

Can't disagree with any of that. He is pushed out of the way at corners, thus giving the attacker space to score. Stokes bullied him all over the place in the Scottish Cup final. Great going forward, not a full back.