Lafferty

stewaj3

Just now, MattyBlue said:

Don't think there where a lot of doubters of his ability tbf, just unforgiving people is all.

I'll be honest I didn't want him back. A combination of his exit and I didn't think he would be good enough. 

He's proving me and few others wrong. More than happy to keep eating humple pie 

Just now, AlCapone said:

Crucially like mcgregor he isn’t scared of the filth, he will be up for the challenge and will relish it. That is worth it’s weight in gold as it rubs off on others .

2 inspired signings, the past is the past.... we’ve got a title to win and must be pragmatic 

Absolutely my concern was he wasn't that great when he was here last, but he had a good year with hearts and we know he will be up for the big games, he's proven that before.

Said it then but I don't believe we could have signed a better player for the money.

20 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's been inconsistent.

Played very well against Motherwell for 45 minutes, offered nothing in the second half. Invisible against the scum for 90 minutes. Offered little as a sub against Dundee. Worked hard against Ufa, but that's the minimum that is required as a professional footballer. Took his goal well today. On Thursday again he didn't offer much apart from work rate and I felt it showed how important Morelos hold up play is to us in Europe, that being said he took his goal well.

Depending on his true fee and what he does against the scum, Hibs, Sheep will ultimately determine if he turns out to be an excellent piece of business IMO.

A target man only plays as well as his service. 45 minutes against Motherwell he was given nothing but long punts to nowhere, same with the scum shunted out at left wing. Done well against Dundee and very unlucky not to score. Again Ufa down to 10 and then 9 men I couldn't give a fuck what he done as his work rate and knock ons helped us get into Europe. Thursday again given no service the second half, the one proper chance he got he scored. 

Like I said before we signed him (and got shit for saying it by some) - he would be a useful addition to our squad as long as he didn't cost us too much.

I still think we should have signed a better striker in addition to Lafferty, but you can't have everything and our budget was tight.