them

MisterC

Going to stick my neck out here and say while I think this will end in tears for them he is quite a good coach who I wouldn't underestimate.

I think the comparisons with Pedro are a bit off the mark. His players are going to know exactly what he wants from them for a start. 

I don't know if anyone remembers this but when Matt McKay left Rangers he said he was a bit shocked at how training and professional set up was actually better in Australia - he was talking about Postecoglu's Roar side.

The biggest thing for them will be attracting players with a Manager that is pretty unknown in Europe and for him personally trying to adapt to a pressure he will have never experienced before.

46 minutes ago, Johnsey said:

Just saw a thread on Reddit and the Aussie fans are clashing with celtic fans :lol:

celtic fans calling him a nothing manager and Aussie fans reckon Japanese league is miles above Scotland and he should hold out for a much better job. If he does come in he'd have celtic dominating and winning by huge margins every week. 

Winning the J-League is mentioned a lot but nothing about finishing 9th the next season. 

I don't know what's funnier, celtic fans in tears over appointing this guy or the Aussie fans making him out to be the new Pep. 

Reading that just now 😂

Australian legend - never heard if him

36 unbeaten run in A League 😂

They needed a big statement manager and failed. Howe might have had his faults but it was a statement of intent. 

This guy certainly isn't a statement. 

I think the biggest loss of not appointing Howe is the loss of the Bournemouth DoF. I'm sure he would of had a great knowledge of the English leagues. 

10 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Other than six months in the Greek third-tier, the farthest West this guy has managed is Brisbane; which isn’t even Western Australia :lol: 

and... its practically the furthest East you can settle in Australia :)

No real surprise to me that their search for a new manager, like the rest of their season has been one huge clusterfuck. They were simply not prepared. They were so confident and arrogant about the good ship Terry Munro steaming along without any sort of interference from anyone, never mind us, that having to get a new management staff in place and rebuilding the squad simply was not on the agenda.

Also as I have said before on this thread, I am certain as I can be that football Agents may be having a quiet word in the ear of their clients when it comes to working for THEM, and not just for football reasons, although, certainly, the scale of the rebuild required  at The Piggery seems to huge which may be one of the factors behind Howe giving THEM the finger.

44 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Press already on standby to call us racists/ bigots/sectarian

with our references to 

Rolf Harris,skippy,koala bears, convicts,Edna everage,boomerangs etc😞

that might be his back room staff😀

Rolf Harris would relish a 'hands on' role at Parkhead