them

MisterC

2 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Lou Macari era was a similar level .

Pat Bonner, Tony Mowbray, Gary Gillespie, Dariusz Wdowczyk, Brian O'Neil, Gerry Creaney, Charlie Nicholas, Rudi Vata, Frank McAvennie, Stuart Slater, Willie Falconer, Paul McStay, Mike Galloway, Lee Martin, Pat McGinlay, Mark McNally, John Collins, Gordon Marshall, Paul Byrne, Brian McLaughlin, Peter Grant, Stuart Gray, Simon Donnelly, Malky MacKay, Tommy Boyd

Yeah, probably a similar standard - Better keepers then, Collins and McStay similar to McGregor and Christie, a few big names, but mostly in their twilight years

Both pish :thumbup:

43 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

They have just guaranteed Europa league football with a chance to still make the Champions league.

They haven’t. They’re into the qualifiers for the Europa League and still aren’t in the groups. If they lose that they go into a Europa Conference League play-off.

They have no guarantee of European football yet.

4 hours ago, Gman36 said:

I canny be doing with any the season is done chat. Ridiculous really, we'll still have a really tough season even if we go in as strong favourites. Plus if we manage to get ourselves into the champs league then we'll have extra pressure. 

I can understand some of our fans getting carried away. The depth and strength in our sqaud is excellent.

While the taigs are the weakest we've seen in years with a manager that is looking every bit like thier version of Pedro. 

One thing that won't happen but is Gerrard allowing any kind of compliancy to set in. He's already said he'll be pushing the sqaud even harder and will want more success.

Take it game at a time and look to win and keep pressure on the rest. That will be the message. 

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

How come Midtjylland did celebrate like they had just made the champions league at the end, instead of just getting to the next qualifying round to be inevitably pumped by PSV. Was kinda wondering that’s all.

Last time they played a Glasgow team they got schooled so they see this as progress.

24 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Ange says it wasn’t a catastrophe, it’s not his understanding of the word, catastrophe means the end.

Well it’s the end of their CL hopes so it must be a catastrophe 

Funny that was what I was hoping the interviewer was going to say when I heard the interview. 

1 hour ago, TartanTeddy said:

Pat Bonner, Tony Mowbray, Gary Gillespie, Dariusz Wdowczyk, Brian O'Neil, Gerry Creaney, Charlie Nicholas, Rudi Vata, Frank McAvennie, Stuart Slater, Willie Falconer, Paul McStay, Mike Galloway, Lee Martin, Pat McGinlay, Mark McNally, John Collins, Gordon Marshall, Paul Byrne, Brian McLaughlin, Peter Grant, Stuart Gray, Simon Donnelly, Malky MacKay, Tommy Boyd

Yeah, probably a similar standard - Better keepers then, Collins and McStay similar to McGregor and Christie, a few big names, but mostly in their twilight years

Both pish :thumbup:

Forgot how much mediocrity there actually was then .

My thoughts were the brutal goalie and striker Macari brought in .

They were awful early 90s and went a few years without winning anything and pretty sure there were a couple of years they didn’t even qualify for Europe .