COVID Breach

falkirkNS

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm sure the Joint Response Group involves government and authorities. We deal with this group for covid protocols,  failings etc. So its very much necessary to discuss issues with them.

The JRG is the SFA and SPFL. They communicate with the government together. There are no government officials and authorities in the JRG.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

No defending Zungu, but it must be absolutely shite being stuck in this country with no friends or family around, and the weather being absolute dug shit. And barely even getting a game. 

And getting paid £15,000 a week or so, Id fucking happily swap, DO NOT try condone him ffs

There may be a way back for Patterson and Bassey. Maybe depending on how they explain themselves. But the rest I think will have burnt their bridges. 

In any case, I wouldn’t want to be in a room with the manager if I was one of those boys as they may well end up in hospital. Doesn’t take much analysis to see that he is absolutely seething with them. 

With Tav, journalists will have been reading forums like this and seen chat about “imagine if Tav gets injured” and decided to screw with us all. Given the contempt it deserves from Gerrard. 

8 minutes ago, SonicWill said:

I absolutely get that, and I agree that it's much more serious.

There's a part of me that thinks we should just cut them loose and forget about them, but when you stop and think about it, what is that going to achieve? It might make us feel good in terms of "teaching them a lesson", but it won't change what's happened and it's not going to put the club in a better position.

Zungu will be away in the summer, so forget about him. Terminate his loan now if you want, because he's got a club to go back to and it's unlikely he'll play for us again anyway. With the youngsters, fine them, keep them away from the first team for an extended period (likely through pre-season) and see what their attitude is. If they show a willingness to fight for their place and work their way back into a position of trust then you know they've got a bit of grit about them. If they take the huff or spit the dummy out then get rid.

I agree. No point in the club suffering for them being idiots.

Id sell to the highest bidder. 

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I really hope this is a learning curve for Gerrard too and these stupid loans from backwater French teams or Liverpool academy ticky takas players.

Kelly and Kennedy better be in the first team pool of 23/24 players next season

Kelly and Kennedy would've been better in the first team this season tbf. Hope Gerrard has a bit more faith in youth this summer.

5 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

The whole ‘during the biggest season in years’ thing is bollocks. So you’re saying this would be acceptable if we were in third?

and yeah who cares what 2 massive footballing mega-clubs have done... 

Acceptable, no. But I would be less bothered by it.

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

As is half the academy, His name says so too, But if he progresses and gives his all, is good enough then im fine, Neil McCann was too...

McCann wasn't as much a tarrier as him. Attending their games regularly while playing for us should be a big no.

1 minute ago, rangersross said:

So Zungu was one of the five. That's fucking shocking. I'm annoyed at all of them but an immature academy prospect is different to an experienced professional ostensibly signed to be a first-team player. Terminate the loan now. 

Clearly he's not part of the 3 social groups in the 1st team so hangs about with kids. 

12 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

After a few days thinking about it I believe you are correct, and hope he can retrieve his career, he will have to show real willingness to do that, and I feel he will grasp that chance. Hopefully.  

Aye, he fucked up but he is Tavs natural long term replacement and it would be a shame to let him go and see him develop into a great player for another club 

Would imagine his season is finished though 

14 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

After a few days thinking about it I believe you are correct, and hope he can retrieve his career, he will have to show real willingness to do that, and I feel he will grasp that chance. Hopefully.  

He’s the only one that will survive this. The rest are glue factory.

I feel sorry for the 5 of them. They're all kids, suffering, and shouldn't be expected to have heeded the warnings from the GE / JJ debacle.

It may undermine the manager's position in terms of discipline expectations, but hey ho, they're young and deserve another chance. As will the next ones to do it or similar. Or the next again.

More important we forget the implications of them potentially coming into training and fucking our season than get rid (by whatever means). Poor kids.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I feel sorry for the 5 of them. They're all kids, suffering, and shouldn't be expected to have heeded the warnings from the GE / JJ debacle.

It may undermine the manager's position in terms of discipline expectations, but hey ho, they're young and deserve another chance. As will the next ones to do it or similar. Or the next again.

More important we forget the implications of them potentially coming into training and fucking our season than get rid (by whatever means). Poor kids.

Put the rod away

Just now, bluenoz said:

Gonna be interesting to see how the spfl react to this and to see how it plays out. They have stayed away from the Dubai debacle because they were instrumental in letting them go in the first place. 

By rights, they should only really intervene if a club is responsible for a breach - or culpable for creating a 'culture' that might lead to a breach - and as neither of those apply to us it should really be an internal disciplinary matter. But that's based on the idea of a governing body that acts consistently and rationally - so fuck knows what the SPFL will do. 

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Fuck I was ready to respond and take the bait mate !