Sparta Prague statement on last night: Accuse Rangers of being xenophobic

Top story in a main sport news outlet in Czech is pushing the idea that Gerrard is playing along as he didn't notice booing during the game.

But there's a poll further down where 98% of nearly 45000 voters reckon there was no racism last night.

Question was: In your opinion, was the behaviour of the children at Letná during the Sparta duel with the Glasgow Rangers racist?

I'm not sure if it's better to leave it as it is to show the minging attitude of the majority or we start voting to send it the other way.

https://www.sport.cz/fotbal/evropska-liga/clanek/2768764-Rangers-zaluji-na-spartu-u-uefa-gerrard-si-na-letne-rasismu-nevsiml-ted-mluvi-jinak.html#topstory

1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

They will see booing a player as not racist, and not the point they only booed black players.

we had tav, leon. bassey, kamara, baccuna, aribo, roofe and sakala on the park, not once did i hear booing for shagger, borna, davis when they had the ball, but the booing was loud for kamara and then that cunt of a ref.

My 10yo Rangers daft son continually pointed it out to the extent I told him to watch it in his computer room as I was missing the commentators comments on the racism and their previous stadium ban. 

If 10k kids had been been attending with their parents I doubt the atmosphere would have been as hostile, one carer looking after 50 or more kids in a group is a recipe for playground and gang type behaviour.

The further east you go in Europe the more racist they become.

Just now, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’m amazed at both Sparta & Slavia’s tactic of just completely deny the obvious evidence that everyone can see (even neutral parties) and claim it never happened. Do they think if they repeat the lie often enough the problem will just go away😂

I think that they have took lessons off the scum

Let’s see what the grand virtue signalling uefa say about it all. Not holding my breath, it’s far easier to just say words than back it up with actions, utterly cowardly and as bad as the people committing acts of racism.

there is a proven track record of these clubs and countries continued racist behaviour and still they take part in elite competitions at a national and club level. You want to make it stop you need to punish them properly i.e. expulsion

I always associated the Czech Republic with whores and lager in my mind, not rampant racism, they seem like a right shower of backwards bastards regarding race issues from top to bottom, obviously there will be some Czechs who are equally as bemused as us but it doesn’t paint the nation in a good light whatsoever.