Goldson

GOAT

3 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Think I missed the Hagi thing. What was that about?

Think he’s referring to Hagi interview after Brondby when he was raging.

Seemed as if some were happy with a draw in Denmark when Hagi clearly knew we were better and should of came away with 3 points.

3 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Think I missed the Hagi thing. What was that about?

Awkt just an interview after a game, think it might have been Brondby away where he was kind of slating the recent performances etc giving it the “this is Rangers” patter similar to Goldson, but it was the manner in which he was saying it… almost sort of fed up sounding

A couple of worrying things have come out of that interview for me. 

That's him just given the rest of the league their team talk for the rest of the season. Teams just need to get in our faces as they know we aren't up for the fight.

Saying that the squad, or at least players within the squad have lost their hunger is damning on the team. They shouldn't be at the club if they think one trophy is job done.

There needs to be a complete change in mentality and hopefully winners like Gio and Mackaay can drill that into them. 

I'm angry at Goldson for saying that in the press, but furious at the utter shitebags that are in our team. To hear that players have effectively downed tools is shameful. Not listening to instructions they were given shows an arrogance that I don't like. That needs to change.

Aribo was about the only player who wanted that today. Arfield tried but I think he is sadly done as a starter for us.

20 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Its not even just that. 

By admitting publicly that the squad has lost hunger. He's just given the oppositions a boost. They'll come into games thinking they this side aren't up for this, get at them and we can get a result. 

It's like Tav admitting before Hamilton the team couldn't handle other sides getting in thier faces.

We've got some really tough fixtures coming up. Don't need our vice captain coming out with this. 

Thank fuck we have the Oswald Bar regulars to prove beyond a doubt We Are The People. Legends. 💙

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No mate it’s not. We found out who are playing for the jersey. These cunts need to go. Fuck them. 

Usually post defeat threads are full of knee-jerk reactions and "get rid of the lot" calls, but this time people are correct. 

We have seen an insight into the mentality of our squad and it is pathetic. We need players who want to play for the club. Any that don't should go, plain and simple 

13 minutes ago, ayro said:

The comment about being 3-1 down at HT and the game being over is unforgivable.

It only needed an early 2nd half goal and they would have shat it.

Horrific comment from one of our supposed leaders.

That is the only part that matters to me from his interview, I wonder how many other players were thinking the same?

They had scored 3 against us in 40 minutes, why could we not score 2 in 45 ffs.  

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

That's him just given the rest of the league their team talk for the rest of the season. Teams just need to get in our faces as they know we aren't up for the fight.

Saying that the squad, or at least players within the squad have lost their hunger is damning on the team. They shouldn't be at the club if they think one trophy is job done.

There needs to be a complete change in mentality and hopefully winners like Gio and Mackaay can drill that into them. 

I'm angry at Goldson for saying that in the press, but furious at the utter shitebags that are in our team. To hear that players have effectively downed tools is shameful. Not listening to instructions they were given shows an arrogance that I don't like. That needs to change.

Aribo was about the only player who wanted that today. Arfield tried but I think he is sadly done as a starter for us.

Gio will need to make an example of someone. Goldson fits the bill, billy big baws who did nothing in the game prior to the league win last year, Gerrards golden boy, won’t commit to new deal, wants more money, lost the hunger, gave up at half time, woeful performances.

Drop, demote, sell (reinstate if he proves himself).

Think of it like this, a youth player at the club is heartened when they see one of their teammates make the grade and get into the first squad, then first team. It works for punishing players, “Fuck, if the gaffer can do that to Connor then he could do that to the rest of us”

Of course it could backfire if they back the player, if they do you have an open revolt on your hands, so Gio has to be careful but still the same time he knows what it means to be a winner and right now we have players who think they are better than they are because of 55.

11 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

No mate it’s not. We found out who are playing for the jersey. These cunts need to go. Fuck them. 

You can look at it that way or can look at is as we've identified a major problem which can be fixed especially with the new manager coming in. If the full squad have lost hunger it's a problem but something that has maybe been identified.

I personally think a lot of the hunger or lack of has filtered down from the previous regime also. Heard whispers, and that's all they were that things had changed.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That is the only part that matters to me from his interview, I wonder how many other players were thinking the same?

They had scored 3 against us in 40 minutes, why could we not score 2 in 45 ffs.  

That's the part that irks me mostly. That he can be slated for but don't have a problem with him calling out the team's lack of hunger. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a fucking duck.

3 hours ago, beararse said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
absolutley spot on.

a shower of shite bags, physically and mentally this season!

Look at it this way…..in all their time at the club has Tav, Barisic or Goldson ever flattened anyone?

I can’t recall ever thinking ‘Ooft, that’s a tackle and a half!’, not once. Bassey flattened a hibs player within 5 mins of being on the pitch. 

i’m not saying bassey is the answer but at least he’s got a fucking presence.

There job is to defend the goal, not to flatten people.

Just now, plumbGER said:

There job is to defend the goal, not to flatten people.

I beg to differ. Making the opposition know they’re in for a torrid time is a significant part of defending the goal: psychologically as well as physically.

Just as folk rave on here about how Morelos rag dolled and terrorised defenders in his prime, it should be the same for the defenders, terrorising forwards.

14 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Aribo lacks consistency but Gio can clearly see hes worth building the team round, Arfield burst a gut and tried to break the lines, only one who did, davis at times tried to show grit and read the game, first to the ball on the press, no one else is interested in bursting that gut unfortunately, 2nd to every baw. 

I've just watched the whole interview and it isn't as bad as it seems when it's cut into clips. He seems angry and frustrated at our performance, but his mistake is admitting we've lost hunger in public. You can't argue with anything he's said in that interview tbh. He still needs to be moved on in January.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Nothing he said in his interview is untrue. And nothing fans haven’t been thinking most of the season. 

Yeah, just posted above that I've seen the full interview now and the context matters. Still daft to admit we've lost hunger in public, but it isn't as bad as that clip suggests.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

Yeah, just posted above that I've seen the full interview now and the context matters. Still daft to admit we've lost hunger in public, but it isn't as bad as that clip suggests.

Is it daft though? It’s clearly true. It’s now GVBs job to get it back. 

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's the part that irks me mostly. That he can be slated for but don't have a problem with him calling out the team's lack of hunger. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a fucking duck.

If he had played well himself then calling out others would be acceptable, but for me the game over a h/t part is just unacceptable for our vice captain.

I should add any player thinking that is not someone I would want playing for our team.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Is it daft though? It’s clearly true. It’s now GVBs job to get it back. 

I think its daft in so far as it's an invite for opposition to get right in our faces because they now know that we don't have a fight in us, rather than suspect it. 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've just watched the whole interview and it isn't as bad as it seems when it's cut into clips. He seems angry and frustrated at our performance, but his mistake is admitting we've lost hunger in public. You can't argue with anything he's said in that interview tbh. He still needs to be moved on in January.

shame hes not angry about commiting to the club, get him to fuck, should have been sold by 31rst August.

4 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Aribo lacks consistency but Gio can clearly see hes worth building the team round, Arfield burst a gut and tried to break the lines, only one who did, davis at times tried to show grit and read the game, first to the ball on the press, no one else is interested in bursting that gut unfortunately, 2nd to every baw. 

That's what Arfield brings that nobody else seems to want to do. We don't have anyone else in midfield who wants to go beyond the attacker. Unfortunately he can't do it for the full 90 mins now.

It's all too side to side and in front of play.

Davis has genuine quality and can control the game, but he is at an age we need to manage him and can't expect him to play every minute and think he is going to be top drawer every game. Nobody is stepping up to take his place from him.