Who should be captain?

NorthernLights

Seen a lot of people saying that Gio should take the armband of Tav. Don’t necessarily disagree - he’s been poor this season and his comments about the pressure being too much a couple of years ago would have probably made me look elsewhere. 

Who should be our next captain, though? Goldson is vice captain so obviously not him. We don’t really have any leaders in the team. McGregor is a winner but I’ve never liked keepers having it and he might not even start. Davis never strikes me as a motivator. Arfield only starts half the time. We’re pretty low on options which is wild when you look at some of the leaders we’ve had in the past

1 minute ago, nik2402 said:

Not saying Tav should be captain or not. But what makes you think Ryan Jack should be when over the last year he’s barely played?

He captained his previous team so has experience in the role all be it a much bigger gig.  He’s also a Rangers man from a Rangers family so should know what’s expected.

Can’t ignore his injury situation but hopefully it’s resolved and we get him back playing week in week out.

2 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Arfield 

Unlucky with injuries but still fights and was our best player yesterday if that is possible, looked to want to fight, get forward, attack.

Speaks the best out of all our players, especially media related, he represents us in the standard a Ranger should.

Tavernier speaks well and has dug us out of many holes… may as well just stick with him if we have to choose from current squad 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

He captained his previous team so has experience in the role all be it a much bigger gig.  He’s also a Rangers man from a Rangers family so should know what’s expected.

Can’t ignore his injury situation but hopefully it’s resolved and we get him back playing week in week out.

I would love nothing more than a fit Ryan Jack in our team every week. Unfortunately I just can’t see it due to injuries.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Here we fucking go again. Geezus wept. 

do people actually think changing our captain will suddenly turn us into a supreme fighting machine. 

fucking nonsense post. We need 11 captains not one ffs. 

If changing the captain means tav can be dropped then surely that's a plus....a lot easier to tell tav he isn't playing when he doesn't have the arm band.....but as many have said we ain't exactly awash with candidates for the gig

If Arfield was 3 years younger and likely to play most weeks it would be him. 

Making Jack captain would be a risk because of his injury record but a change is definitely needed and there is no-one else who looks like leader material and that's a damining statement in itself.

2 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Lewis Ferguson

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Connor is the only one that had the balls to call the team out. That shows the character you need to be captain. He's the only choice imo, given Jack can't be relied upon for fitness.

Not sure which of these is a worse shout.