*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Hagi is an enigma. Bogging for the most part but class movement and got the goal. 

We need changes though, midfield has not shown up. 

Pre match midfield fears confirmed, we are light in numbers there. Hope we can come thru it.

Just now, OrangeRab said:

Whatever happened to our press. We all know what Bates is like on the ball.

Morelos should have scored from Ojo’s back pass.

Were showing them far too much respect. 

Our recent pressing has been down to Aribo and Scotty , this was always going to be tough without them.

We've been shocking to be honest. I've defended Hagi so much and he's done great for the goal but for someone so technical his touch is horrendous and his passing is atrocious. He's definitely capable but just don't think it's happening for him and certainly not in the middle. 

We've been slack in possession and haven't dealt with the balls over the top once.

That being said, we are ahead. Hopefully Gio gets a rocket up them at half time. It's so stuffy in the middle but we need to get control of it. 

1 minute ago, johanvanhentze said:

Hasnt been pretty so far... got lucky a couple of times not to concede. Need to up our game second half. We are really missing Aribo.

We should be more than capable without Aribo, been a very disappointing performance but as long as we keep a clean sheet that’s all that matters now

Apart from Kent's ball into Hagi the front three have been pretty poor and Morelos starved of any real quality balls to work on. Hagi twice has been in a good area and picked the wrong pass. Defence and midfield have very little cohesion with far to many loose balls in the midfield leading to turning over easy possession. 

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Whatever happened to our press. We all know what Bates is like on the ball.

Morelos should have scored from Ojo’s back pass.

Were showing them far too much respect. 

Think we've pressed up top alright actually. 

3 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If we hadn’t scored I’d be worried 

Still am

We are playing very poorly. We have conceded domination of matches and  possession since Gio came in. It is clear as day to me, but since we keep winning people are more than happy.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We are not playing well but any win at Pittodrie is good.

To me, Sands looks to be shoehorned into midfield. I think will be better suited as a defender.

Clancy will show someone a red card tonight. Not sure who.

Clancy will absolutely red card one of our players - I’m just amazed he didn’t do McGregor. (Not that it was a red)

1 minute ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

And Bassey is absolutely an emergency CH only, last ditch option.  Give me serious fear.

Don’t get the hype whatsoever with in in there.

Dont get the criticism this boy gets at all. He has been absolutely fine so far this half.

He is spending half the time covering Barisic if anything. 

Midfield our biggest problem IMO, lacking any control in the game and proper balance in there.  Playing like 3 individuals rather than a system.

Will cut Sands some slack, tough one to get thrown into and he's working hard.

But this match really proves we need some players back and need to invest in this position in the summer (same as last year).

Wright anonymous, wasp-sting face having way too much possession on that side rather than defending Wright. Hagi garbage trying to play the Hollywood pass half the time.  Still need someone in the middle of the park to say, give me the ball, I’m the fucking man.

Tin hat on, if we sell Kamara or Aribo for double figures +, I’d give the sheep 2-4 for Ferguson and get another young Scottish player in, I think he’d push on in our team and would dictate the game a bit more than Kamara. 

Pretty poor from us tbh but will take the lead.