The other mob

MisterC

1 minute ago, Siam69 said:

I can't see them getting a point in Madrid no matter what team Real put out TBH.

It was also take Donetsk to lose their last 2 games.

Mathematically, they could still catch RB for 3rd as well, but none of that will happen. 

I tend to agree with you, was just making the point the late RM goal opened up that scenario. 

Their manager has been giving victory parade interviews for months now. You would think he was due to retire with years of titles and European success behind him. The knives will be out for him soon if he continues to fail in Europe, given their inflated sense of European standing. He'll soon see the true side of the support.

34 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

6 reds in 10 games is mad. Some sort of record surely?

Out of interest I looked to see if the red cards affected the result as we've seen plenty of games where red cards come after the game is done. I'll exclude the two red cards for us in Collum's horror show as we know how that went. So close to holding on too but here we go.

Red card at 58 mins - score 0-0

Red card at 11 mins - score 0-0

Red card at 44 mins - score 1-0 down

Red card at 56 mins - score 0-0

They've won just 1 game against 11 men against Ross County and that's the only game that they've led at any point against 11 men. Here's hoping for a scum red card at the weekend.

11 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Their manager has been giving victory parade interviews for months now. You would think he was due to retire with years of titles and European success behind him. The knives will be out for him soon if he continues to fail in Europe, given their inflated sense of European standing. He'll soon see the true side of the support.

EoGKs80XcAcbFmZ.thumb.jpeg.dd6c62929af0db9b953154f991510785.jpeg

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Struggled past Motherwell at home and could well have been a draw if McGregor didn’t drag the Motherwell player to the ground as the last man 

It was like us vs DU at home, dominated but then struggled after not finishing the game off apparently.

Also the own goal was one of those freak incidents.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It was like us vs DU at home, dominated but then struggled after not finishing the game off apparently.

Also the own goal was one of those freak incidents.

Aye, so they’re struggling. No reason Hibs can’t take anything off them. 

Hearts and Livi away straight after that will be interesting 

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, so they’re struggling. No reason Hibs can’t take anything off them. 

Hearts and Livi away straight after that will be interesting 

Theres a lot of reasons, mainly Hibs are wank.

Yeah those two are much more likely to result in dropped points.

Hopefully Hibs as well right enough. 😅

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Means Donetsk are on 5 points.

So even if the taigs beat them, they need at least a point in Madrid and Donetsk to lose the last game as well. 

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

I can't see them getting a point in Madrid no matter what team Real put out TBH.

It would also take Donetsk to lose their last 2 games.

Mathematically, they could still catch RB for 3rd as well, but none of that will happen. 

As far as I can see the filth are out of the CL.

Let’s assume they beat Shaktar. They will have 4, Shaktar 5 and Leipzig 6 (assuming RB take nothing from Madrid) So they need to beat Madrid to get to 7 points. If Leipzig draw against Shaktar they will be on 7, with a better head to head. If Shaktar win that match they would be on 8.

Unless of course you meant out of Europe completely but theoretically they could still have gotten third even if Shaktar had won tonight.