Silva, Diomande, Cortes

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

All of them are contributing in a big way.

Such a massive difference to previous years January windows where the team haven’t been great and the signings haven’t hit the ground running or taken a bit to get up to speed.

Hopefully it can continue.

Raskin and Cantwell hit the ground running last year too.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Cortes is a right good player. Gets you off your seat, is a unit and has a very good strike on him. 

Diomande is the star find for me though, a goal scoring midfielder who has slotted right in. Set the tone in his last two games now. 

Silva has settled in nicely as well, think he’ll be very useful in Europe especially. 

Think all will go on to be great for us, well obviously no Silva but maybe next season.

Do think it's much easier to come in to a team that is playing well though.

21 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Absolutely everyone was saying he looked a fantastic player.

Think that was more hope/desperation talking than anything else tbh. 

I don't think Raskin, or even Cantwell, made anything like the impact these three have made.

14 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Think that was more hope/desperation talking than anything else tbh. 

I don't think Raskin, or even Cantwell, made anything like the impact these three have made.

Cantwell absolutely did and more so than the current three so far given they've each started about 3 games each

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Cantwell absolutely did and more so than the current three so far given they've each started about 3 games each

Cantwell was average at best until after the league was over last season when the scum beat us.

He scored like 1 goal in his first 12 games.

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Cantwell absolutely did and more so than the current three so far given they've each started about 3 games 

Disagree. In the equivalent timescales I don't think Cantwell's was a significant as these three, and I don't see it being for the rest of the season.

4 minutes ago, AGC123 said:

Frightening what Koppen / Clement have done and recruited sofar. When was the last time a window looked so good. Trying not to get carried away but if these lads continue in this trajectory what an end to the season we’re in for. Bearing in mind Clement has said there’s still a lot to come from Cortez too 🥶

What I really like about Cortez is that he doesn’t over complicate things. Does the simple things well and nothing flashy (although he did fluff a pass into the box today by trying the old  ‘look one way kick the ball in the opposite direction’).

It’s early days, but him (and Diomande) appear to be an upgrade on what we’ve had. 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

All of them are contributing in a big way.

Such a massive difference to previous years January windows where the team haven’t been great and the signings haven’t hit the ground running or taken a bit to get up to speed.

Hopefully it can continue.

If this is the type of signings we are going to be making under Koppen then I’m excited going forward. 

Diomande does the hard yards and offers composure on the ball. He will leave for a lot of money one day.

I could watch Silva smile all day long. Terrific skills and I can't help but think there is more to come.

Cortés finish today was sublime. Kent skies that chance over the bar. Take up the option in the summer.

The January window between both clubs could be the difference in the end.