RIP Sir Walter

ForeverAndEver

4 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

1405586271_giphy(3).gif.438489783e7a9feae9d59be23228b1b4.gif

I cant remember exactly but theres a story to this. Walter was trying phone down to the dugout with instructions but it was engaged or something 😂

If only Gerrard would be so animated and sort this team out. 

5 hours ago, MisterC said:

I have a recollection of this and if I'm not much mistaken, this was the sending off that led to Walter Smith having to watch the OF game from the directors box. This was the one where he memorably send a sheepish looking Durrant down to the dugout with instructions 

I think the OF game with Walter in the directors box with the Durrant GIF was the one in 09/10 with Andy Little starting at RB? Miller scored a double?

The Game Podcast from The Times spent some time talking about him at the beginning of their episode the other day. Gregor Roberson (a celtic fan) and particularly Jonathan Notcroft (an Aberdeen fan) both have nothing but nice words to say about him. Worth listening too.

On 29/10/2021 at 11:45, The Specky Liar said:

Mixu did absolutely nothing wrong, Walter felt the team was struggling so he caused a scene to get the crowd going. We went onto win the game.

I remember he did something like this against Motherwell near the end of that season. Team was panicking he went mental at ref, crowd responded. He backed down and camera went on him with a wee smile of his face. Thought it was brilliant management.

3 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Still can't believe it. 

Watching clips and videos of him it still feels so unfair..

I had....somehow....managed to put it aside in my thoughts for a while today. Then I saw that superb drone picture of Ibrox. And the tributes laid at the gate. That was enough to set me off again. It's not going to really sink in for a long time!!! 

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s just starting to sink in that he’s gone and honestly 73 is no age at all. 

Life is cruel

It's not I kind of thought he was older. I thought he was old in the 90s as I was a kid and he had grey hair, was only in his 40s. Thinking about it he retired at 63 to pave the way to Ally  again thought it was right at the time, but it's not old at all.