*****The Official Champions v St Johnstone Match Thread*****

ElBufalo20

On 14/12/2021 at 06:09, Thewhitesettler said:

1-0 will do me, although it would disappoint me, but 3 points are the important thing to be taking from this game.😇😇

I wont be the least bit disappointed if we only win 1-0 mate.

A win is all that matters and I think it will be very tight so I'm tipping us for a 1-0 victory.. which will do me just fine.

21 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

if all that is true then @hammer93  100%.  Pretty sure they would need to play on as per dubai craic or face heavy sanctions / 3-0 automatic defeat for every game they refuse to play.

Ha ha. All the bluster about bringing the hammer down and making teams who allow Covid outbreaks forfeit was just that, bluster and bullshit. Teams inconvenienced in the EPL and Europe by Tottenham’s outbreak but are they punished? Not one damn bit. We heard the same bluster from the US leagues. My NFL team is playing a team Sunday that has nine players out on the Covid list. The NFL is forcing teams to play rather than making them forfeit like they said they would do in August.

46 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

More shooting from distance as well. Arfield's due a thirty yard screamer. I feel it in my bones! 

If anyone is due a 30 yard screamer then it’s gotta be Hagi.  
Get the feeling he rattles them in from everyfknwhere in training so here’s hoping he’s got one up his sleeve for tonight.  

3 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

If anyone is due a 30 yard screamer then it’s gotta be Hagi.  
Get the feeling he rattles them in from everyfknwhere in training so here’s hoping he’s got one up his sleeve for tonight.  

Aye, he must be able to do it on occassion as he tries it all the time in games. Just a shame he has a success rate about that of Lorenzo Amoruso. When he does get one it'll be a fuckin worldy! :lol:

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Hagi in for Sakala.

No idea why as he’s been rank rotten recently.

Sakala getting saved in case we can’t break them down and we need new legs to run at them later.

Gio hasn’t made too many bad calls so far so I trust his judgment.

17 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Expecting them to sit right in so using hagi for his creativity maybe. Strong team 

Yeah it makes sense when you think about what the opposition will be looking to do.  Sakala adds pace but there will be very little space to run into and if they drop too deep then Hagi can hopefully get more opportunities to take long range shots.

That's why Gio is an upgrade on the previous manager he always has a different plan to suit the opposition.