The songbook last night v St Johnstone (A)

CR3

seeing a bit of backlash from our own fans on Twitter about the songs included last night, probably with ‘super Rangers’ and others with add-ons right after singing ‘stick your friendly’ aimed at the board, as if the away support sung those songs out of spite to that friendly decision.

I get the anger directed at the ‘friendly’ as it is a farce and just a money maker but that’s for another thread.

Don’t want to open a can of worms, just these songs got us in bother with that FARE mob in Europe and could maybe see retrospective fines as they were audible. 

I’ll be on the fence in terms of the discussion but would say I do join in pretty much all our songs at games, interested in what people think here after seeing the split on Twitter.

Although, I’m guessing there will be more people who want to sing them loud and proud and a few others who might be a bit more lefty or progressive thinking ‘it’s 2022’ and certain songs shouldn’t be sung if they hurt us financially again.

16 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Someone on Twitter said they were doing it so the 'board will listen'. Shouting about fenians isn't going to make the board pay the slightest bit of attention.

The phrase bite your nose off to spite your face seems kinda on-point if the support were wanting to sing them again to get the club fined to somehow make a U-turn on the friendly decision I guess. 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Exactly, they cunts have their IRAoke in the league every week it’s about we brought our songbook back instead of appeasing these cunts, might need to tweak it for Euro games though. 

Fans already know not to sing certain songs in Europe 

Last night was an own goal for the support v the board in my view.

Club hierarchy want the support to be sanitised. They will be thinking they made the right decision in relation to Australia last night if that's the type of opposition against it.

I also really don't want to go to Rangers games and listen to songs about them. There was a good 10 minutes in the first half last night where several consecutive songs were about Celtic.